What should the TSSAA do?

judgesmales

Allow me to play Devils advocate here if you will. I do agree something needs to be done to fix the way Tennessee high school basketball is handled as a whole. But wouldn't that only contribute to the whole "everybody gets a trophy" culture of sports today? By creating even more divides? CPA hasn't won a state championship in 3 years now. No private won a title last season. More often than not, the privates do not win. No private will win this season. Again, I'm not disagreeing, just playing Devils Advocate.

• Upvote 1

Allow me to play Devils advocate here if you will. I do agree something needs to be done to fix the way Tennessee high school basketball is handled as a whole. But wouldn't that only contribute to the whole "everybody gets a trophy" culture of sports today? By creating even more divides? CPA hasn't won a state championship in 3 years now. No private won a title last season. More often than not, the privates do not win. No private will win this season. Again, I'm not disagreeing, just playing Devils Advocate.

Agree I dont like the participating metal. Now there is 5 state champions crowned. If the teams were split like I said before & only had A & AA in each division would be better than it is now. More of an even playing field with only 4 champions so it would be more competitive. The size of a school isn't as big of an advantage as the ability to bring in players from other areas.

If the Nashville area is the ONLY place to have basketball championships then move it to Vandy! Get out of the GLASS HOUSE! Pretty much everyone has trouble with depth perception at that wretched gym! I can also agree to let the Privates play in their division and the public schools play in theirs. And here you go TSSAA that will be more money in your pockets.

If the Nashville area is the ONLY place to have basketball championships then move it to Vandy! Get out of the GLASS HOUSE! Pretty much everyone has trouble with depth perception at that wretched gym! I can also agree to let the Privates play in their division and the public schools play in theirs. And here you go TSSAA that will be more money in your pockets.

I like the current location (easy parking and walk) of the state tournament, however, the "Glass House" needs some work done on the inside to make it more appealing and comfortable for the fans. Granted, I was there 3 straight days, so maybe the "new car smell" of the arena wore off the second and third day...ha.

Edited by CASC95

I like the current location (easy parking and walk) of the state tournament, however, the "Glass House" needs some work done on the inside to make it more appealing and comfortable for the fans. Granted, I was there 3 straight days, so maybe the "new car smell" of the arena wore off the second and third day...ha.

Didn't they just spend the last year fixing it up.