Enough of the CPA talk...They are NOT a SUPER team

nebuntyn

Wharton did not come in the 8th. He was in East TN.

Whoops, my bad, you're right, he was there in 10th.  Dad was given a job at CPA that year.  Then when they left, he was quoted in paper as saying he had to pull his daughter from CPA as well, because he couldn't afford it.  Even though he went to a larger public school, which supposedly pays more, and there was no tuition for Vic--but I digress.  Just some things seem to support accusations that can never be proven over the years.

Edited by rulefollower

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious but is there a good program that doesn't get transfers?

Big chief you know a little about Goodpasture so how does a school that gives no financial aide get so many transfers? Anastasia Hayes and her sisters went there, boys basketball got a good one this year right?

I find it hilarious that a Riverdale parent ITT complained about transfers. Lol

...whine about their talent constantly....i thought Haywood had more talent top to bottom in the rotation than CPA and they proved it winning state....you are not going to get any sympathy from me on talent...

What do you know, found a little time in between March Madness games...

You missed the point, not whining about the talent, from that perspective merely my observation (as is others) on the main reason CPA wins as opposed to those who think it is better coaching and harder working players.

Plus you realize all you did was support the argument, not disprove it.  By naming only one team (this year's Haywood team, which I agree) in the entire state at AA level over the last 5 years (2012 Mitchell was not more talented that year) does nothing to prove your point.  

BTW, I simply make a choice, like everyone else has, to get involved in what has turned into an on-going debate.  I certainly don't start threads like others, knowing where it will end up, but when there is a point to agree to disagree, I choose to stay involved.  Maybe some day I will choose not to, but shouldn't be the concern of anyone else, particularly IMHO those who call me out and take a personal shot hiding behind a screen name.   

• 2 weeks later...

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

I'm curious but is there a good program that doesn't get transfers?

Big chief you know a little about Goodpasture so how does a school that gives no financial aide get so many transfers? Anastasia Hayes and her sisters went there, boys basketball got a good one this year right?

I find it hilarious that a Riverdale parent ITT complained about transfers. Lol

Still waiting for Bigchief to reply? He has insight into these local schools.

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Still waiting for Bigchief to reply? He has insight into these local schools.

Sorry, KG. Just saw this. Here ya go.

The girl you referred to family lived in Hendersonville and had already been in two middle schools by the end of 7th grade. Dad wants daughter to be able to play varsity as an 8th grader since she was more advanced than the sumner county middle school players. The only schools anywhere around their house where that is/was possible were Goodpasure and Davidson Academy. Given the history of the two programs at that time, they chose GCS. That became a one year gig when the father repeatedly went WAY over the line culminating in totally embarrasing himself at CPA after a region tournament loss. He has since also destroyed a very good coach and up and coming program at Hendersonville High School. Now they are at Riverdale which by the way totally embarrassed our entire state and lost their coach.

The boy you refer to was living with his mother. His father lives here. He decided to relocate and live with dad. Given the sad state of his zoned Metro school, they decided themselves to seek out an alternative for his final year of high school. They came and toured the campus liked what they saw and enrolled. He receives NO financial aid. in spite of what many supposedly "in the know" think.  No family member got a job at the school. No family member got a job with the parent of another player on the team. Nobody locked up their old house and pretended to "move just over 20 miles" so he could become eligible.The athlete in question never played AAU for the coach previously. No benevolent work of the church for school uniforms or other incurred expenses since the school is not supported by a single church where that would be possible. No out of state AAU connections or living with a preacher. Just a kid and family that would rather pay for a private school experience  than attend a Metro school.

That answer your questions?

Now here is a question for you.

The TSSAA has a rule that you have a three week dead period at the end of the season. No contact in your sport with your athletes. However, at least one school openly shows off how they have an elite skills camp immediately after their season ends and contains most if not all of the school's players receiving instruction from their head coach. Yet somehow that apparently is a "loophole". How is this possible?

Off-season begins when the team is eliminated from tournament play and goes until the end of school year.  Off-season can only be max of 5 practices in a 10 consecutive school day period.  The Dead period is two weeks, the week of July 4th and the preceding week. (June 21 - July 4).

here is link to the Basketball calendar by TSSAA for year 2014-2015.  The definitions of practice, off-season, pre-season, summer, and a few other key phrases are on the same page.

http://tssaa.org/wp-content/uploads/SportsCalendar/2014BkCalendar.pdf

Sorry, KG. Just saw this. Here ya go.

The girl you referred to family lived in Hendersonville and had already been in two middle schools by the end of 7th grade. Dad wants daughter to be able to play varsity as an 8th grader since she was more advanced than the sumner county middle school players. The only schools anywhere around their house where that is/was possible were Goodpasure and Davidson Academy. Given the history of the two programs at that time, they chose GCS. That became a one year gig when the father repeatedly went WAY over the line culminating in totally embarrasing himself at CPA after a region tournament loss. He has since also destroyed a very good coach and up and coming program at Hendersonville High School. Now they are at Riverdale which by the way totally embarrassed our entire state and lost their coach.

The boy you refer to was living with his mother. His father lives here. He decided to relocate and live with dad. Given the sad state of his zoned Metro school, they decided themselves to seek out an alternative for his final year of high school. They came and toured the campus liked what they saw and enrolled. He receives NO financial aid. in spite of what many supposedly "in the know" think. No family member got a job at the school. No family member got a job with the parent of another player on the team. Nobody locked up their old house and pretended to "move just over 20 miles" so he could become eligible.The athlete in question never played AAU for the coach previously. No benevolent work of the church for school uniforms or other incurred expenses since the school is not supported by a single church where that would be possible. No out of state AAU connections or living with a preacher. Just a kid and family that would rather pay for a private school experience than attend a Metro school.

That answer your questions?

Now here is a question for you.

The TSSAA has a rule that you have a three week dead period at the end of the season. No contact in your sport with your athletes. However, at least one school openly shows off how they have an elite skills camp immediately after their season ends and contains most if not all of the school's players receiving instruction from their head coach. Yet somehow that apparently is a "loophole". How is this possible?

Chief there's a minor correction. The girl attended Goopasture after Christmas break her 7th grade year. Your reference to her attending CPA was a typo.

As much has been claimed by folks about a certain school the TSSAA seems to be ok with what they're doing? All I know is the school in this thread is running a finely tuned machine all the way to the elementary levels. It's impressive to say the least.

Seems like the program you're extremely familiar with is trying to build a similar model? Right? In two years you'll be Div 2 A so I suspect efforts will be turned up a notch then? The coach there is a good guy and coach. I wish him well. The efforts he's made to build the program will pay big dividends sooner rather than later.

Your minor correction is wrong. Never said she attended CPA. I said their time at GCS was basically over when he embarrassed himself at a region tournament game which CPA hosted. That was not a typo. That is fact.

Your post kinda jumped around so I assumed that's what you were saying. Also, he allegedly had multiple moments like that didn't he? Maybe not to that extent but his actions allegedly were pretty consistent.

The CPA model is a good one and that's why your school is doing it. Build the lower programs and benefit from transfers. Kids want to play for CPAs coach as well as our friend. They both had good ones on EVERY team they've had. Doesn't matter if it's 15 transfers or five if they're legit does it?

Like I said I wish our friend luck. He's working hard in Madison trying to build a CPA-esque program. When they both are in Div 2 A in two years they can battle it out. Should be fun!

Give me a call if you like? That way we can catch up and discuss this further. I'm all ears.

Edited by Playerscoach

Your post kinda jumped around so I assumed that's what you were saying. Also, he allegedly had multiple moments like that didn't he? Maybe not to that extent but his actions allegedly were pretty consistent.

The CPA model is a good one and that's why your school is doing it. Build the lower programs and benefit from transfers. Kids want to play for CPAs coach as well as our friend. They both had good ones on EVERY team they've had. Doesn't matter if it's 15 transfers or five if they're legit does it?

Like I said I wish our friend luck. He's working hard in Madison trying to build a CPA-esque program. When they both are in Div 2 A in two years they can battle it out. Should be fun!

Give me a call if you like? That way we can catch up and discuss this further. I'm all ears.

I wonder how many "transfers" DCA had when they won their title a few years ago? How is that pipeline a certain minster set up from Donelson Middle school working out over there. This guy is a clown arguing about other schools bringing kids in when your school is doing. I'm sure the coach at Goodpasture is not your friend or you wouldn't be on here making comments about him.

Talent follows talent and maybe kids want a coach who knows what they are doing and can help them achieve their goals, however big or small they are.