Waverly Baseball

secondtoone

I am amazed at the number of coaches who had rather play favorites than actually win games.  :D

I love how the dad of a left hander thinks because he was a great shortstop in coach-pitch he should play in the infield in high school.

My experience in high school athletics is coaches play the players they feel give them the best chance to win, rewarding players who work hard to get better along the way,   Only 9 can be in a baseball lineup at a time and high school sports is not rec ball.

David...you and I know that the best way to eliminate problems is to play the best players. The problem that I see is that at both the high school and college level you have coaches that don't have a clue as to how you should evaluate talent. There are players that look like Mickey Mantle in practice but when the bright lights of the game come on for whatever reason they cannot perform. You have other kids that are 6'4" and weigh 210/lb that look great in a uniform but the 5'7" 140/lb kid can play circles around them. If these high school & local college coaches would adopt the philosophy of what Lem & Big O did when they coached the Hit after Hit program they would be much better off. That philosophy was "JUST WIN BABY" or we will become a track team and run for the next hour. Edited by cbg

You're dangerously close to the single most prevalent problem involving coaches/parents/fans...right, wrong, good, bad, or whatever, the coach and the assistants should be the only assessors of talent on the team, and in the lineup for a game. If the coach is to be held responsible for his team's performance by the administrators, boosters, parents, fans ect...he shouldn't have to answer why this kid is playing over that kid to anyone.  

You're dangerously close to the single most prevalent problem involving coaches/parents/fans...right, wrong, good, bad, or whatever, the coach and the assistants should be the only assessors of talent on the team, and in the lineup for a game. If the coach is to be held responsible for his team's performance by the administrators, boosters, parents, fans ect...he shouldn't have to answer why this kid is playing over that kid to anyone.  

Most kids know who should be playing more and who should be playing less.  Sadly, some parents think they know too.....

My son played for coach Cash for two years before we moved to Camden. Coach Cash is a good coach and treats the kids fairly and with respect. I wish my son still played for him. After moving to Camden he gave up baseball because the coach is a complete jerk and isn't respected by the players. You should be proud to have someone like coach Cash he will teach them baseball and how to conduct themselves after baseball.

Edited by Lionbball

Our country is based one many premises, one being that we all have the God given right to face our accusers. That is what Coach Cash was trying to do. As you can all see, secondtoone has gotten on here after having his eyes "opened". No harm, no foul. Both parties earned a little respect from most on here. Play ball.

• 3 weeks later...