Recruiting / Public v Private

BasketballTom

I have stood by and watched long long enough. I wish I had some physical proof that could blow the roof off some of these schools. All you guys can say what you want but it is not fair for these private schools to be able to to have there  pick from players. CPA does it all the time and anyone that pays attention at all knows it. Campbell was recruited. Blackwell was recruited. heck the whole darn team was recruited if you ask me. It aint just them either. Good Pasture recruited that Cookeville kid Payne this year. Don't buy that crap about his dad living close by. he might but he was still recruited. They recruited him and so did Davidson Academy.  Davidson would have been hit hard if he went there cause TSSAA was actually looking into it already. It was all over the place with rumors and what was being offered to him. These schools need to be punished for what they do. It aint a even playing field for small county schools to deal with. If I knew anyone gave a crap or would listen Id tell em everything I heard from summer coaches about Payne and Campbell. Now watch if Campbell don't go the way of Lindsey boy soon. Too much to hide it all. It aint right and the money bags at TSSAA need t stand up to them. Maddux is a little more careful having done it so long and he knows how to hide the trail. Good Pasture left the recruiting trail out in the open to been seen and found and I hope they act on the evidence. It needs to stop and they need to be forced to move down. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stood by and watched long long enough. I wish I had some physical proof that could blow the roof off some of these schools. All you guys can say what you want but it is not fair for these private schools to be able to to have there  pick from players. CPA does it all the time and anyone that pays attention at all knows it. Campbell was recruited. Blackwell was recruited. heck the whole darn team was recruited if you ask me. It aint just them either. Good Pasture recruited that Cookeville kid Payne this year. Don't buy that crap about his dad living close by. he might but he was still recruited. They recruited him and so did Davidson Academy.  Davidson would have been hit hard if he went there cause TSSAA was actually looking into it already. It was all over the place with rumors and what was being offered to him. These schools need to be punished for what they do. It aint a even playing field for small county schools to deal with. If I knew anyone gave a crap or would listen Id tell em everything I heard from summer coaches about Payne and Campbell. Now watch if Campbell don't go the way of Lindsey boy soon. Too much to hide it all. It aint right and the money bags at TSSAA need t stand up to them. Maddux is a little more careful having done it so long and he knows how to hide the trail. Good Pasture left the recruiting trail out in the open to been seen and found and I hope they act on the evidence. It needs to stop and they need to be forced to move down. 

Idiot :thumb:

I have stood by and watched long long enough. I wish I had some physical proof that could blow the roof off some of these schools. All you guys can say what you want but it is not fair for these private schools to be able to to have there pick from players. CPA does it all the time and anyone that pays attention at all knows it. Campbell was recruited. Blackwell was recruited. heck the whole darn team was recruited if you ask me. It aint just them either. Good Pasture recruited that Cookeville kid Payne this year. Don't buy that crap about his dad living close by. he might but he was still recruited. They recruited him and so did Davidson Academy. Davidson would have been hit hard if he went there cause TSSAA was actually looking into it already. It was all over the place with rumors and what was being offered to him. These schools need to be punished for what they do. It aint a even playing field for small county schools to deal with. If I knew anyone gave a crap or would listen Id tell em everything I heard from summer coaches about Payne and Campbell. Now watch if Campbell don't go the way of Lindsey boy soon. Too much to hide it all. It aint right and the money bags at TSSAA need t stand up to them. Maddux is a little more careful having done it so long and he knows how to hide the trail. Good Pasture left the recruiting trail out in the open to been seen and found and I hope they act on the evidence. It needs to stop and they need to be forced to move down.

So.....you think that posting on here is going to solve anything? :huh:

From the Chattanooga TimesFreePress today:

Hargis: Total public-private prep split looms

The next step in what has felt like a painfully slow journey toward settling the public/private school debate in Tennessee high school sports was taken last week and the next one, which comes within the next four months, could finally decide the decades-old issue.

During last week's annual spring meeting the TSSAA Legislative Council called for a special meeting this summer -- in either late June or early July -- where a vote could be made on the proposal to completely split member schools strictly on the basis of public/private.

You may remember the proposal for a total split was made one year ago, and the uncertainty it caused has hovered over prep sports so long that many administrators and coaches on both sides had begun to openly wonder if the state's governing body was ever going to address the hot-button issue.

"This is by far the biggest decision since I took over (in 2009) because it will shape the direction of our future," said TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress. "Whatever is decided, it will determine the future of high school sports for both public schools and independent schools for years to come.

"We need to go ahead and deal with it this calendar year because if there's a major change we need as much time as possible to plan for it before the next school year begins and since our next reclassification is less than two years away. Our member schools deserve to know how to prepare."

If the council uses input from member schools as a guide, expect a complete split to be voted in because the vast majority have wanted that to happen for years.

Should a complete split be voted into action it would be the third time the TSSAA has had to enforce a separation of public and private schools. Division II was created in the 1997-98 school year for schools that chose to give need-based financial aid to varsity athletes. Private schools that opted not to give financial aid were allowed to remain in the public-school division but five years later the next step in the process came when the TSSAA implemented a multiplier for those private schools still playing in the public school division. Those schools had their enrollment multiplied by 1.8, the highest in the nation, for classification purposes, but even that did not answer the outcry of the majority of the state's public schools.

"They put a Band-aid on a bullet hole," is how one local principal summed it up. "They just delayed the inevitable. The great majority of public schools, and even some private schools, want the split."

The creation of D-II ended many of the complaints from the state's large schools, but that seemingly only moved the issue squarely onto the small schools. In 1997, 52 percent of TSSAA member schools supported a complete split of public-private schools. Five years later that total was up to 70 percent, which led to the multiplier being implemented.

The Times Free Press conducted a poll of 41 administrators from area schools last summer and found that 33 of those favored a complete public-private split.

Although Soddy-Daisy principal Danny Gilbert, who represents Chattanooga on the Legislative Council, is aware of the fact that 80 percent of his area schools want the split, he added that even that drastic move likely won't end the debate.

"This is a subject that divides a lot of competitive people, and even if there is a complete split I don't think the public-private argument will ever be settled in our state," Gilbert said. "I'm going to discuss it with coaches and administrators from all our area schools and make sure they know what a complete split would mean for everyone. And then I'll vote however the majority instructs me to.

"The key is for all our council members to vote how the majority of schools they represent want and not just however is best for their school. It's a tough process and it's going to affect every high school athlete and every sport for a long time no matter what we decide."

Edited by 2WHEELHogEye

If the split happens, why don't the private schools form an athletic association separate from the TSSAA and then they do whatever they want?

IMO a split could end up being worse the public than they feel it is with the current set up. To me this opens the door for private schools to really start recruiting and taking even more kids.

Edited by 865BB