Copenoc I wanted to meet you at the state.

Galilee

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Galilee ive been on Vacation and havent been on coacht..Like I said before..I was more intertained by the Mitchell band and Dancers than the game..I watched a freethrow shooting contest between the Mitchell players. .Sisco was outcoached and the team was out played, thats the bottom line..UC shot the ball horrible all tourny. I still cant believe that Sisco didnt play a zone because of u guys quickness. .I dont blame the refs for the loss at all..But they were absolutely pitiful..There were several times the Mitchell players would grab the jerseys and UC got called on retaliation. .Saw alot of jawing from Martin. Dirty play from num.11 and 5 that never got called.But they wanna call a tic tac foul on the other end..Everyone from Haywood behind us was even saying that UC was getting hosed!!.Im not saying UC was the better team but the refs just kept running them kids in the ground when Mitchell got up 25 on stuipid tic tac fouls that UC couldnt get on their end of the floor..So my point is..Mitchell didnt need any help from the refs to beat UC..UC would lose 10 out of 10 games with you guys..Mitchell is very well coached and simply have better athletes. .Im positive that Mitchell will win back to back to back to back to back ta back ta back ta back ta back!.You have alot of dance moves ahead of you Galilee. .Maybe next year Mitchells Dancers will teach you a few more..Congrats man..Its not important you meet me..Whats important is yall win them Gold Balls.

Edited by copenoc

Sorry Galilee ive been on Vacation and havent been on coacht..Like I said before..I was more intertained by the Mitchell band and Dancers than the game..I watched a freethrow shooting contest between the Mitchell players. .Sisco was outcoached and the team was out played, thats the bottom line..UC shot the ball horrible all tourny. I still cant believe that Sisco didnt play a zone because of u guys quickness. .I dont blame the refs for the loss at all..But they were absolutely pitiful..There were several times the Mitchell players would grab the jerseys and UC got called on retaliation. .Saw alot of jawing from Martin. Dirty play from num.11 and 5 that never got called.But they wanna call a tic tac foul on the other end..Everyone from Haywood behind us was even saying that UC was getting hosed!!.Im not saying UC was the better team but the refs just kept running them kids in the ground when Mitchell got up 25 on stuipid tic tac fouls that UC couldnt get on their end of the floor..So my point is..Mitchell didnt need any help from the refs to beat UC..UC would lose 10 out of 10 games with you guys..Mitchell is very well coached and simply have better athletes. .Im positive that Mitchell will win back to back to back to back to back ta back ta back ta back ta back!.You have alot of dance moves ahead of you Galilee. .Maybe next year Mitchells Dancers will teach you a few more..Congrats man..Its not important you meet me..Whats important is yall win them Gold Balls.

Vacation, now I am jealous..LOL.  I think the entire arena loved the band. Now on to the game… Coach Phillips did an outstanding especially with his preparation. He had the entire team broken down perfectly here it is

Deberry- Told Martin to engage him from baseline to baseline. Make him use a lot of energy bringing the ball up court. His handles were very shaky and he is good at stopping and pulling up with the 3.  He is the most dangerous player on the team. Because he can shoot and he has length.  He also noticed that he does not like playing defense.  Make him work on that end of the floor and it will affect his scoring.. Does not take the ball to the hole at all.

Simpson- He scared us the most with his ability to draw fouls and make FT’s. He is the most unselfish player we saw on the team. Does the small things to win games

Stockdale- Good player with a great motor. We knew the only way he would get a lot of buckets were on put backs. Told Hunt that he always would go to his left to score. If he went right do not fall for it, he is coming back left. We watched Thu and Fri game and he used that move 80% of the time.

Stewart- Will not guard anybody.  Very lazy in help defense. We watched him 4 or 5 times let someone get a layup off the dribble because he would not step over and help. Whenever he was on the side Marin was on coach made sure we attacked that side.

We knew Sisco was not a scoring option.

Number 4, 5, and 30 only played when they wanted to press.

The starters played a lot of minutes and we knew our bench was deeper. In the first 2 games the bench on had a total of 2 points.

As for officiating UC had a lot of fouls called because we werewayyyyy to quick for them. Everyone I spoke with during and before the game stated our guards were making UC foul us with our quickness. There was jawing gong on from both teams. When Deberry hit that first 3 Stewart called him a soft MF. Martin and Deberry went back and forth. We shot more FT because we took the ball to the hole. You all settled for way too many 3’s. I really admired our boys for keeping their cool at the end. The attempted head but by #30 on Martin and the hard foul that Stockdale, Parker, or Sisco did on Naba. That could have really been severe. All and all the better team won and UC will bounce back. Too much pride and tradition there. We should be very, very good the next 2 years in 1A. Middle school parents want their sons to play for Coach Phillips. It looks like we will have to turn away some good players

Hey Galilee, I love you to death but I have a very blount question for you. How can Mitchell turn away kids? Are you open zoned? If a kid wants to come to Mitchell how can you turn them away especially if they are zoned for Mitchell? If a kid is at another school right now such as City University, and he wants to transfer, wouldn't he have to sit out due to transfer rules? I'm just a little confused by your comments. I know you know your stuff, I'm just confused by your comments.

Hey Galilee, I love you to death but I have a very blount question for you. How can Mitchell turn away kids? Are you open zoned? If a kid wants to come to Mitchell how can you turn them away especially if they are zoned for Mitchell? If a kid is at another school right now such as City University, and he wants to transfer, wouldn't he have to sit out due to transfer rules? I'm just a little confused by your comments. I know you know your stuff, I'm just confused by your comments.

Most kids do not want to play JV or freshman ball. Echols, Coppage, and Shipp did not play Varsity their freshman year. Phillips and Martin were the only varsity players this year that played as freshman and they came off the bench. In Memphis once you leave middle school in the 8th grade you can enroll in the high school of our choice. Once you enroll you are locked into that school until graduation unless you move into another district. A lot of players out of middle school kids will decide not to come if they cannot play varsity. That is what I meant by turning kids away.

Most kids do not want to play JV or freshman ball. Echols, Coppage, and Shipp did not play Varsity their freshman year. Phillips and Martin were the only varsity players this year that played as freshman and they came off the bench. In Memphis once you leave middle school in the 8th grade you can enroll in the high school of our choice. Once you enroll you are locked into that school until graduation unless you move into another district. A lot of players out of middle school kids will decide not to come if they cannot play varsity. That is what I meant by turning kids away.

Gotcha! Good explanation. Thanks for clarifying. Have you talked Phillips into moving up to Triple A next year? Lol

Galilee I pretty much agree on some of the things but when they got Stockdale in foul trouble that was pretty much it for UC..3 out of the 5 fouls were bogus!..It simply got UC out of rhythm and the offense went away..That team did not function at all without him on the floor..If Sisco had any brains he would of had him bringing the ball down the floor to set the offense up because Deberry is not and never was a point guard..BUT..Why change it during that game..His was ur man all year. .Deberry was a great high school player but he got exposed against Martin..I believe Martin will be a special player with LA Tech while Deberry will have to work hard on the defensive end to help a college team..He has never liked contact or physical play while Stockdale would battle with the best along with Simpson. .But hey I gotta give credit where credit is due when you broke down how Mitchell was gonna defend UC..Stockdale always went left 95 percent of the time..I never understood that..He was very predictable. .Mitchell played UC exactly the way I would had..Hats off to coach Phillips! ..Im very smart when it comes to the game of basketball. .As a kid that loved the game I never got any support from my parents but as you and TCA knows thats all we did as kids..My mother would kick me out of the house and make me go do something besides set under her butt!..lol..I just dont have that piece of paper saying I can coach but thats my fault and ive got to live with that. .Im not bragging but I promise you I coulda won at least 2 out of the 4 state titles with UC team when Stockdale Simp.and Deberry were freshman but Sisco chose to ride a pony instead of a stallion and only ended up with a silver in their 4 years.As a matter of fact im completely done supporting the UC basketball program because from what ive saw since 05 Sisco dont give a rats bottom about the kids..Way to much talent has came through there and ive only seen 2 players go D1..Weddle and MJ..Thats it!..He had players out of position the last 4 years ive seen..Coach Bolin is gonna have to tell Sisco to make more space on his wall for all them state title banners he is fixing to put up..lol..I love it!..Well Galilee congrats on another gold ball and all I can tell ya is go get a couple more..But u gotta learn more dance moves for me..lol..PEACE

Galilee I pretty much agree on some of the things but when they got Stockdale in foul trouble that was pretty much it for UC..3 out of the 5 fouls were bogus!..It simply got UC out of rhythm and the offense went away..That team did not function at all without him on the floor..If Sisco had any brains he would of had him bringing the ball down the floor to set the offense up because Deberry is not and never was a point guard..BUT..Why change it during that game..His was ur man all year. .Deberry was a great high school player but he got exposed against Martin..I believe Martin will be a special player with LA Tech while Deberry will have to work hard on the defensive end to help a college team..He has never liked contact or physical play while Stockdale would battle with the best along with Simpson. .But hey I gotta give credit where credit is due when you broke down how Mitchell was gonna defend UC..Stockdale always went left 95 percent of the time..I never understood that..He was very predictable. .Mitchell played UC exactly the way I would had..Hats off to coach Phillips! ..Im very smart when it comes to the game of basketball. .As a kid that loved the game I never got any support from my parents but as you and TCA knows thats all we did as kids..My mother would kick me out of the house and make me go do something besides set under her butt!..lol..I just dont have that piece of paper saying I can coach but thats my fault and ive got to live with that. .Im not bragging but I promise you I coulda won at least 2 out of the 4 state titles with UC team when Stockdale Simp.and Deberry were freshman but Sisco chose to ride a pony instead of a stallion and only ended up with a silver in their 4 years.As a matter of fact im completely done supporting the UC basketball program because from what ive saw since 05 Sisco dont give a rats bottom about the kids..Way to much talent has came through there and ive only seen 2 players go D1..Weddle and MJ..Thats it!..He had players out of position the last 4 years ive seen..Coach Bolin is gonna have to tell Sisco to make more space on his wall for all them state title banners he is fixing to put up..lol..I love it!..Well Galilee congrats on another gold ball and all I can tell ya is go get a couple more..But u gotta learn more dance moves for me..lol..PEACE

Cope remember we do not support the coach but the kids. Do not allow an adult hinder you from supporting 14-18 year old student-athletes. They need to look up in the stands and see you boosting them on. Please reconsider.

Cope I just watched the first half and his 4 fouls wee legit. 1. He fouled and knocked Phillips out of bounds. 2nd.Shipp drove the baseline and pumped faked him and he bit and fouled. 3rd he was too slow abd reached and fouled Martin. 4th he came over the back on Phillips with 2 sec left in the half. I have no idea why Sisco put him back in the game with  3 fouls.

If Sisco would have ran the offense through Stockdale the score would have been worse. His lak of height and footspeed and lumping ability would have destroyed UC. He is just too robotic with his moves. His only field goal was a put back ogg a missed 3 from Stewart and he had to adjust it over our length. The man who should have been featured was Simpson. He is a wrrior and quick off his feet. Deberry and Simpson are the only 2 from UC that would start for Mitchell.

galilee if you would have played Deberry and Simson on your tea without Stockdale you be like Sisco now shining on silver instead of gold. Go after the gold again next year and good luck to you all.

Understand what I am saying. Stockdale is a good player but not a good fit for Mitchell. Deberry would be a good stretch four with his length and Simpson with his because he is very athletic and moves his feet well on defense. Malik would not have replaced any of our guards and what Coach Phillips requires of our bigs that is not what Malik does. Our bigs must protect the rim. A lot of times we play with 4 guards and 1 big and Malik would ba a liability for us.

Playing UC's schedule he could get away with playing in the post but for us we would be in trouble. UC schedule is not even close to ours. Look who we played this year:

Jackson Callaway (MS 5A 4 time champs),

Velma Jackson (MS 3A champs),

Hamilton (TN 3A champs),

Mountain Brook (AL 7A runner-up),

Louisville Ballard (KY #1 team), 

North Little Rock (AK 7A champs)....

He would have struggled in the post against those players. He struggled against our post players. He is a good player for UC just not a good fit for Mitchell. He would have received playing time because he plays so hard but not a starter. I hope some colleges give him a look and if you need my help with talk with his father and let me know. His father and I have talked before and he is a good man who loves his son. I was very impressed with him. Malik will succeed in life with or without BB because of his father and his upbringing.