What is really going on in the Boro?

Not2Smart

Don't forget the Blackman football coach left as well... I wouldn't be surprised if the boys bball coach is the next to exit. The new admin over there is not playing nice. (or at least that's the word on the street) I don't think it is connected to the Riverdale/Smyrna situation at all. I'm not sure about Riverdale/Oakland boys jobs, as far as what led to them leaving but there sure is a lot of moving and shaking going on in Rutherford Co right now.

:popcorneater:

You're probably right. I would think that competing at a state championship level is all consuming. There's an old proverb that says something like If you chase two rabbits, you wont catch either one. I would think that it would be very difficult to run a program of that caliber and also be a level 5 teacher teaching 6 classes. Plus, be a present husband, father, etc... just not enough hours in the day... 

• 3 weeks later...

Most high school coaches in Rutherford County either teach P.E. or Drivers Ed. class load isnt an issue. There hasnt been a lot of turnover in the major sports lately. I think it is just one of those years where it all happens at once. I think it will be a while before we see anything like this in 7AAA again

the one I am talking about used to be in Williamson Co and did the same thing south of WC and is retiring

Got ya...hope everything works out in Rutherford...scary times in education now. I'm getting out also....education has lost it's way....no common sense anymore and what was once fun has now become $#%@&%$#@&()#@$%