How do y'all think Red Boiling Springs will do in 2015?

BigDave1967

RBS should be just as good as last year, and probably even a little better. It's my understanding that they return just about their entire team. The problem is their schedule is a lot tougher this coming season.  I honestly wish they would go undefeated, but unfortunately I believe they will only win 2-5 games.

Pickett and Clinton County should be wins. I'd say they have a better chance beating Cannon and Clay County than they do losing to them. Monterey and Gordonsville are both winnable, but I don't like their chances vs. them as much as I do against the previous two teams I mentioned.

I don't know much about Jo Byrns, but I see where they barely lost to WHH, and also to Watertown by 1, who in turn, handily beat RBS. I imagine they will be hard to beat. The other teams on their schedule are more than likely losses. I don't like RBS chances at making the playoffs this year. That is just my honest input, hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

• 2 weeks later...

RBS had 8 all district players last year and 7 of those return this year. We return all the skill players from last year, the 4 linemen we lost to graduation are all that we lost. RBS will have a sophomore at QB, 3 junior RB's, and a SR receiver that will do the majority of the ball handling.

Had some important pieces missing in the game against Watertown. Had we been healthy in that game I think we could have played them much closer.

I don't believe our schedule is too bad, after having the season we had last year it needed to be tougher and the district changes did that for us. Monterey, Clay, Gordonsville, MTCS, Jo Byrns, and Cannon are all possible wins while Pickett and Clinton should be easy wins. The only games out of the question are Trousdale and NCS. I say we beat Cannon, Clinton, and PC then pull out 1-3 more tough wins against the others that aren't NCS and TC and finish 4-6, 5-5, or 6-4. Playoffs aren't out of the question, but it's going to have to be a season were we keep everyone healthy and play well every Friday night.

• Upvote 1

RBS had 8 all district players last year and 7 of those return this year. We return all the skill players from last year, the 4 linemen we lost to graduation are all that we lost. RBS will have a sophomore at QB, 3 junior RB's, and a SR receiver that will do the majority of the ball handling.

Had some important pieces missing in the game against Watertown. Had we been healthy in that game I think we could have played them much closer.

I don't believe our schedule is too bad, after having the season we had last year it needed to be tougher and the district changes did that for us. Monterey, Clay, Gordonsville, MTCS, Jo Byrns, and Cannon are all possible wins while Pickett and Clinton should be easy wins. The only games out of the question are Trousdale and NCS. I say we beat Cannon, Clinton, and PC then pull out 1-3 more tough wins against the others that aren't NCS and TC and finish 4-6, 5-5, or 6-4. Playoffs aren't out of the question, but it's going to have to be a season were we keep everyone healthy and play well every Friday night.

nice write up..how many players?

nice write up..how many players?

Not sure and at RBS it always drops quite a bit when the season gets ready to start.

Most knew who Tirjin was at RB for us, but keep an eye on Logan Hewitt. He started at QB as a freshman last year. He got hurt midway through the 4 quarter last year against Gordonsville and missed the Watertown and Cannon County games and you could tell it. He was a little under sized last year, but that'll fix itself as he ages and hits the weights.

Not sure and at RBS it always drops quite a bit when the season gets ready to start.

Most knew who Tirjin was at RB for us, but keep an eye on Logan Hewitt. He started at QB as a freshman last year. He got hurt midway through the 4 quarter last year against Gordonsville and missed the Watertown and Cannon County games and you could tell it. He was a little under sized last year, but that'll fix itself as he ages and hits the weights.

could only imagine in the stud qb/db and his bother the wr/db at Macon would have stayed and played at RBS.....could have been looking at 8-2. I guess those things happen.

could only imagine in the stud qb/db and his bother the wr/db at Macon would have stayed and played at RBS.....could have been looking at 8-2. I guess those things happen.

That's how it goes and sometimes you can't help it, but it was whatever was best for them and I hope they do well. I just hope RBS has a repeat of last year or do even better.