Region 5 4A

LEON

With the new classifications for 2015 , what are the predictions or thoughts on the upcoming season. Portland and Springfield drop down from 5A and join some old foes. The rest of the region consists of Macon County , Maplewood , Pearl-Cohn and White House.

FOr the year coming in I think everybody in the district besides Whitehouse and Maplewood will have a problem with Pearl Cohn offense because it's one that they haven't seen and with so much size & speed it might be overwhelming. Whitehouse i give a chance because they seen it in the Playoffs even though they got all the doors and windows blew off there truck they know what to expect. No matter how good or bad PC or Maplewood is it will always be a fight between them to. Top 3 Pc, Mhs, WH. There's I've seen a few teams play in this new division and I don't think it will be a pretty site. I can understand why some coaches where fighting not a to some of these schools in the same dis.

Edited by FBfan26

What personnel is pearl returning from last season?

Main pieces Will be there QB and 4 star athlete groves Who played Mostly WR and DB last year. He's a 1000+ wr Top5. Pc is losin A lot of good players this year including there running back BUT all the younger kids got to play alot so I wouldnt be worried. Feel me in on the other teams besides Maplewood and whitehouse.. Edited by FBfan26

Main pieces Will be there QB and 4 star athlete groves Who played Mostly WR and DB last year. He's a 1000+ wr Top5. Pc is losin A lot of good players this year including there running back BUT all the younger kids got to play alot so I wouldnt be worried. Feel me in on the other teams besides Maplewood and whitehouse..

I think Maplewood, PC, and White House will battle for the top spot. I just think Maplewood is the best of the three as of now. Who does PC have in the spring scrimmage?

Springfield will return several starters from last years team that finished 8-4 and advancing to the second round of the 5A playoffs. They lose Mr. Everything Timmie Barbee and some other key seniors , but return two very good backs and a stellar defensive end , athletically they will match up better with Pearl-Cohn and Maplewood than any of the other teams. I believe Macon Co. Will return a very good QB who will be just a sophomore and Portland should be better in the second year of their new coach and dropping down from a very tough district.

Springfield will return several starters from last years team that finished 8-4 and advancing to the second round of the 5A playoffs. They lose Mr. Everything Timmie Barbee and some other key seniors , but return two very good backs and a stellar defensive end , athletically they will match up better with Pearl-Cohn and Maplewood than any of the other teams. I believe Macon Co. Will return a very good QB who will be just a sophomore and Portland should be better in the second year of their new coach and dropping down from a very tough district.

Yes Macon has a stud QB that will be a soph. But that is about all they have...no speed what so ever.

I think Maplewood, PC, and White House will battle for the top spot. I just think Maplewood is the best of the three as of now. Who does PC have in the spring scrimmage?

I'm not sure at the moment. I'd really don't look into spring ball because majority of the football team/ Kids who really play does track and field which is top 3 in State. Maplewood I can understand what your saying and how you feel. Edited by FBfan26