Tennessee Pride Ironman - April 25th

salterjd

Agreed.  I was a bit suprised that there werent more kids wrestling freestyle and greco last weekend out in Memphis.

Look around at the majority of state champs....they almost all wrestle FS/GR in the off season. 

We had a good turnout last year and the list of participants was a whos who of high school and middle school wrestling. 

• Upvote 1

This is usually the largest freestyle/Greco tournament of the season and you get to wrestle Folkstyle also. This is also a great opportunity for the K-8th grade AAU kids to try out the new styles without buying the $40 USA card. K-8th only need the regular $14 or $16 AAU card to compete in all 3 styles this weekend only.

We were only doing freestyle/geco. Drove 2hrs to wrestle this tournament. Arrived to find out the tournament director decided to start freestyle instead of folkstyle with "NO" advanced notice. Several kids did not get to wrestle freestyle including mine. I was not impressed. We will be going to ATL next yr.

We were only doing freestyle/geco. Drove 2hrs to wrestle this tournament. Arrived to find out the tournament director decided to start freestyle instead of folkstyle with "NO" advanced notice. Several kids did not get to wrestle freestyle including mine. I was not impressed. We will be going to ATL next yr.

I had no idea which style was being wrestled first but planned on our guys wrestling all styles anyway. Now if you were told specifically one thing and yet another happened then I can understand your frustration. But let's try and build up freestyle/Greco in this state rather than take away though. My club plans to continue our 2 hour trip to the Chattanooga area 2-3 times each spring to help advance TN freestyle/Greco wrestling. Edited by deadlift