TSSAA directive (National Anthem)

Dragonmaster

I saw Oakland and Riverdale do it. I did not see what was so wrong with it? Just a little fun the kids were having. No danger or anything to it so what's wrong with it?

I'm SO surprised that Riverdale participated in this... Oh wait. Talk about the most bush league team in the state, although Houston annually gives them a run for their money.

TSSAA has made it very clear they are serious about speeding up the games. This is just something else that is delaying the game and isn't necessary. Some of these games are taking way too long and the kids are out too late for school nights. I am assuming this is their reasoning behind the rule, that and it's just plain stupid. If you have a 7pm start, and you're the visiting team, you're not getting home till after 10pm, on a good night, maybe not till 11pm. The kids probably didn't have time for homework/studying before leaving and then they'll have to stay up pass midnight to get anything done afterwards. These kids' education should come first and somewhere way down that list should come baseball. Sadly, that is not the case at a lot of schools these days.

1. The TSSAA can enforce this but not recruiting...

2. These kids aren't staying past midnight to do homework. They just don't do it and mommy and daddy complain to the teacher that little Johnny didn't have time to do his homework and should be given a week's extension even though he was probably arguing with the teacher during study hall because he got his phone taken up for texting when he should have been doing his homework

I saw Oakland and Riverdale do it. I did not see what was so wrong with it? Just a little fun the kids were having. No danger or anything to it so what's wrong with it?

"Just a little fun"...they are about to play a game, that should be their fun. I get it, baseball has turned into a marathon game that just does not fit into today's fast paced world. Anythng to speed the game up is welcomed and needed.

Have you ever watched their antics during a game? Yelling at the opposing pitcher, the umpire, and talking trash from the dugout is as bush league as it gets.

This is comical...Yelling at the opposing pitcher is bush league??? If so then every team around west Tennessee is bush...I guess Bobby Cox is pretty bush league as well, because he yelled at the umpire all the time. And what kind of trash are they spewing from the dugout?

I really enjoy watching Houston play the game...they play hard while also having tons of fun. Houston, Bartlett, Collierville, Arlington, CBHS all "yell" at the opposing pitcher and are loud in the dugout. I guess everyone in the west in bush league. 

This is comical...Yelling at the opposing pitcher is bush league??? If so then every team around west Tennessee is bush...I guess Bobby Cox is pretty bush league as well, because he yelled at the umpire all the time. And what kind of trash are they spewing from the dugout?

I really enjoy watching Houston play the game...they play hard while also having tons of fun. Houston, Bartlett, Collierville, Arlington, CBHS all "yell" at the opposing pitcher and are loud in the dugout. I guess everyone in the west in bush league. 

Don't clump everyone in the west with those teams you mention. Baseball is a game, but you represent your school and community when wearing the uniform, and showing the absence of decorum to have a "staredown" after the anthem should be punished. If the yelling and noisemaking from the dugout is in a positive manner, and directed toward teammates it's fine...if it's "trash talk" or directed at the ump, I'd be fine with punishment for that as well. 

Talking trash at the opposing pitcher is bush league, and if you don't think so it's probably because you're from that school. You don't see a team like Farragut doing that, and they have 9 state titles to back it up.

Don't clump everyone in the west with those teams you mention. Baseball is a game, but you represent your school and community when wearing the uniform, and showing the absence of decorum to have a "staredown" after the anthem should be punished. If the yelling and noisemaking from the dugout is in a positive manner, and directed toward teammates it's fine...if it's "trash talk" or directed at the ump, I'd be fine with punishment for that as well.