Sevier County

memphisbballguy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pretty good. They can hit it well from top to bottom. Osborne, Lingenfelter, and Matthews are all good arms. Defense is average, but they rely on the arms to over power you. 

Had trouble with Morristown West and Heflin. Good pitching can keep them in check. If their arms are on and their bats solid, they are very difficult to beat. 

Are they actual contenders or is their record just indicative of their schedule? Seems like there are always East Tennessee teams not named Farragut that have a gaudy record but don't amount to much come the state tournament.

Only got to see 2 innings but they are a solid team. Have played Farragut 2 times and with Raby on the mound they are very hard to beat. Imo not as good as usual but still might win it all. SC and them should be a great match up. Thing about Farragut is the same as Maryville in football, sometimes they have won before the game even starts.

Only got to see 2 innings but they are a solid team. Have played Farragut 2 times and with Raby on the mound they are very hard to beat. Imo not as good as usual but still might win it all. SC and them should be a great match up. Thing about Farragut is the same as Maryville in football, sometimes they have won before the game even starts.

Farragut has not played Sevier Co this year so not sure how you saw them play & Farragut is every bit "as good as usual". The went 3-1 at the NHSI against some of the best teams in the nation. They have the deepest pitching staff I've ever seen. Their #4 pitcher pitched a no hitter against the best team from Indiana. Their lineup is stacked with hitters, too. Of course, anyone can be beaten in baseball on any given day.

To answer the original question, I think Sevier County is definitely legit. In fact, I think Farragut & SC are the only legit state title contenders in ET. I thought Hardin Valley was but they are not playing well & have lost several games to below average teams. HVA lost to Farragut tonight 12-0 in 6 innings

Farragut has not played Sevier Co this year so not sure how you saw them play & Farragut is every bit "as good as usual". The went 3-1 at the NHSI against some of the best teams in the nation. They have the deepest pitching staff I've ever seen. Their #4 pitcher pitched a no hitter against the best team from Indiana. Their lineup is stacked with hitters, too. Of course, anyone can be beaten in baseball on any given day.

To answer the original question, I think Sevier County is definitely legit. In fact, I think Farragut & SC are the only legit state title contenders in ET. I thought Hardin Valley was but they are not playing well & have lost several games to below average teams. HVA lost to Farragut tonight 12-0 in 6 innings

Sorry I should have more clear. I have seen SC for only 2 innings. Did not mean to offend, you have obviously seen them ( Farragut ) more than the two games I have. They are very solid and if I had to bet my money would be on them to win it all. Having said that I know nothing about the teams from west and middle tn besides reading scores.

Sorry I should have more clear. I have seen SC for only 2 innings. Did not mean to offend, you have obviously seen them ( Farragut ) more than the two games I have. They are very solid and if I had to bet my money would be on them to win it all. Having said that I know nothing about the teams from west and middle tn besides reading scores.

No worries & I was not offended. Just clarifying. Like you, my money would be on Farragut this year too but it would not have been on them last year & they got hot at the right time. Baseball is a crazy game & anything can happen.

Hardin Valley has lost several games but they are a dangerous & talented team & will surprise people down the stretch I bet.

No worries & I was not offended. Just clarifying. Like you, my money would be on Farragut this year too but it would not have been on them last year & they got hot at the right time. Baseball is a crazy game & anything can happen.

Hardin Valley has lost several games but they are a dangerous & talented team & will surprise people down the stretch I bet.

I agree about HV. Surprised they have not done better but are very talented. Heritage has a pitcher that will be eligible when district tourney starts that will really help them. I wouldn't be shocked if they are not the second team that makes it out of the district tourney. Edited by wb85

That district is extremely good this year. Heritage is good & so are Bearden, Maryville & William Blount. The only weak teams are Lenoir City & West. I heard the P that Heritage has coming back is good & threw in the mid 80's. I could see Bearden or HVA being the 2nd team & maybe Heritage but depth, especially pitching depth, becomes an issue at tournament time & I think HVA has the most.