Coach Aydelott

People, like animals, CAN BE made to display good behavior. I have 3 grown children, 4 dogs, and a couple of horses that act appropriatley. The occassional tune up took place to make sure all were in check. Tools of the trade were a lot of love, a leather belt, a nice green switch, compassion, a hot shot, or sometimes the calloused side of my hard working hands. I myself hated being disciplined, but I'm grateful I WAS.

In my haste to vocalize how there's such a lack of discipline, I failed to mention a get well wish for Ron. Ron, I hope you have a fast and full recovery. Our prayers to you and yours.

bump

People, like animals, CAN BE made to display good behavior.  I have 3 grown children, 4 dogs, and a couple of horses that act appropriatley.  The occassional tune up took place to make sure all were in check.  Tools of the trade were a lot of love, a leather belt, a nice green switch, compassion, a hot shot, or sometimes the calloused side of my hard working hands.  I myself hated being disciplined, but I'm grateful I WAS.

In my haste to vocalize how there's such a lack of discipline, I failed to mention a get well wish for Ron.  Ron, I hope you have a fast and full recovery.  Our prayers to you and yours.

BUMP +1 Raised my children the same and am at the tail end of that part of life! I was disciplined as well and when I talk to my Mom who is 80 years old I still make sure to thank her for the way I was raised! I hated it and hated doing it but its the best thing to do for your children! They by the way thank me for the same!

After talking with my police buddies, there is more to the story than just the kid assaulting him. There was racism and name calling involved to start the incident. More to come to this story

I love the police. I'm a retired cop. But to use Sara Buxton's term, the "biddies in the beauty shop" are pikers compared to us when it comes to gossip. Trust me on this one. And since the defendant is a juvenile, there's unlikely to be much factual evidence coming out on this for some time. 

Edited by KWoodroof