Examiner.com's 2015 Class 5A Spring Top 10

Southtowner

I get that, but ypu can't teach speed and they got more than any other 5a team. The other pieces of the pie can lack a little more than other programs, and they make it up with talent and speed. Sorta how it will Take Butch 3-4 years to turn around UT, and someone can turn UF in 1-2....you can't coach speed.

If that was the case Memphis teams would dominate. It takes more than speed, although it does help. They are losing almost their entire defense. They should be a playoff team but I would have Beech and Hendersonville in the top ten before them. That list was based off of last year and give it a few weeks and I bet it looks much different.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge is loaded. Tee Higgins is the best player in the state of Tennessee. Darel Middleton has made the adjustment to Oak Ridge and has bought in. People are sleeping on the Alcorn kid #66 probably the best defensive player.  Defensively they want miss a beat. From what I hear they will be bigger and faster than last last year. Offensively the talk is they will e much better running the ball, with Middleton and Higgins on the outside it will be tough. Oh yeah they may have the best kicker/punter in the state.

Agreed on Alcorn. He is really overlooked because of Middleton, but may be even better.

If that was the case Memphis teams would dominate. It takes more than speed, although it does help. They are losing almost their entire defense. They should be a playoff team but I would have Beech and Hendersonville in the top ten before them. That list was based off of last year and give it a few weeks and I bet it looks much different.

Hillsboro is my like Union City from west Tn, and Fulton from east TN.

Word on Middleton is he's never played DE, always been LB. He had to make an adjustment and early didn't want to cause he was uncomfortable. His old AAU coach who knows him well says they think he has bought in.  But #66 will be a guy teams have to worry about now. I think the presence of Middleton forced teams to try #66 but that want be the case this year. 

Rhea will still be good but I think if they had their chance to win would have been last year because they lost a lot. But still a top 10 team. But idk about #2

I never count out a Pemberton coached team. Running the wingt hides a lot of flawes and keeps games close. Come playoff time, those new pieces will have 10 games of experinced and coached up by Mark. They lost some, but equal to what West lost....and one that West loss was the running back who was 70% of their offense.

I never count out a Pemberton coached team. Running the wingt hides a lot of flawes and keeps games close. Come playoff time, those new pieces will have 10 games of experinced and coached up by Mark. They lost some, but equal to what West lost....and one that West loss was the running back who was 70% of their offense.

Right and with cottrel gone I don't think west is #1. But they are the defending champs so till some knocks them off I guess they deserve it

Right and with cottrel gone I don't think west is #1. But they are the defending champs so till some knocks them off I guess they deserve it

the thing with teams making it to the semi or further like Hillsbro and Rhea.....those scout teamers go up against quality players 15-16 weeks. Teams on top tend to stay there awhile. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

70%???? You obviously didn't know much about West last season. West is there because they won it. Until a new champ is crowned in 2015, they will remain the champs. Kinda like my Falcons!

70%???? You obviously didn't know much about West last season. West is there because they won it. Until a new champ is crowned in 2015, they will remain the champs. Kinda like my Falcons!

agree........"the thing with teams making it to the semi or further like Hillsbro and Rhea.....those scout teamers go up against quality players 15-16 weeks. Teams on top tend to stay there awhile". West falls into the semi final or further category....just think Rhea takes it this season in the east. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan