The Jerk Farragut Dad

rebelwoman87

Well, that is a curious thing.  Since you will play  a different team, then most tend to sit near their dugout.  Some sit near the fence becuase they don't like being on sidewalk bc so far away--but I have to tell you I don't think our coaches mind:)  Anyways, the stand are for both teams.  It just so happens that Farragut parents mostly sit on sidewalk.  However, there are a few that like to sit behind backstop.  That is probably clear as mud.  If it were me, I would sit on side nearest my team--either in stands or in chair near fence.  It's totally up to you,  We have a unique venue with the hill and layout.  There really is no right or wrong--no matter what anyone says. 

Well, that is a curious thing. Since you will play a different team, then most tend to sit near their dugout. Some sit near the fence becuase they don't like being on sidewalk bc so far away--but I have to tell you I don't think our coaches mind:) Anyways, the stand are for both teams. It just so happens that Farragut parents mostly sit on sidewalk. However, there are a few that like to sit behind backstop. That is probably clear as mud. If it were me, I would sit on side nearest my team--either in stands or in chair near fence. It's totally up to you, We have a unique venue with the hill and layout. There really is no right or wrong--no matter what anyone says.

Yeah the very nice police officer cleared that up for me. She assured me the sidewalk is not reserved. I had been sitting there for two hours. We watched the Heritage/LC game.

Us plowboys in Halls have a hard time also.  I thought a "SIDEWALK" was for WALKING NOT SITTING!  I too have been bothered by Fairygut fans.  I remember going to a football scrimmage and being charged to park and to enter the bleachers.  And they call us "REDNECKS"!

Us plowboys in Halls have a hard time also. I thought a "SIDEWALK" was for WALKING NOT SITTING! I too have been bothered by Fairygut fans. I remember going to a football scrimmage and being charged to park and to enter the bleachers. And they call us "REDNECKS"!

Some of our fans have been told to go back to the trailer park. I tell ya one thing, I've been treated much nicer in trailer parks than I was over there Saturday.

As the parent of a Farragut player, I am mildly embarassed that there was an altercation concerning seating at all.  The sidewalk, although not "reserved", is traditionally where our team's parents set up their chairs to watch games.  I'm sure it's confusing for guests because there is nothing actually designating that area as "home turf".  When I attend games at other schools, I know I'm free to sit wherever I'd like but will always choose to be near other FHS parents and we inevitably choose to sit nearest our boys' dugout.  So, the situation could undoubtedly have been handled better...by all involved.

During the game in question on Saturday, I happened to sit in the stands behind the backstop.  Several of us parents sat right behind a group of players who appeared to be from Heritage and Maryville (varsity and JV).  Although a small number of our oppenents' parents were near us in the stands and quite "vocal" during the game, these boys were friendly, fun and respectful.  I'm sure they were similarly embarassed by some of things being said by their more mature elders. 

Big picture is that Farragut Baseball and its extended family remain committed to offering a fun, fan-friendly place to watch the boys play ball.  Our field is somewhat unique in its layout and the confusion and subsequent confrontation over lawn chair location should not be construed as an overall indictment of our program, the players or the parents.   

Best of luck to Maryville (and the other teams in the District) in the tournament.  Y'all have a good team and a good group of young men.   

As the parent of a Farragut player, I am mildly embarassed that there was an altercation concerning seating at all.  The sidewalk, although not "reserved", is traditionally where our team's parents set up their chairs to watch games.  I'm sure it's confusing for guests because there is nothing actually designating that area as "home turf".  When I attend games at other schools, I know I'm free to sit wherever I'd like but will always choose to be near other FHS parents and we inevitably choose to sit nearest our boys' dugout.  So, the situation could undoubtedly have been handled better...by all involved.

During the game in question on Saturday, I happened to sit in the stands behind the backstop.  Several of us parents sat right behind a group of players who appeared to be from Heritage and Maryville (varsity and JV).  Although a small number of our oppenents' parents were near us in the stands and quite "vocal" during the game, these boys were friendly, fun and respectful.  I'm sure they were similarly embarassed by some of things being said by their more mature elders. 

Big picture is that Farragut Baseball and its extended family remain committed to offering a fun, fan-friendly place to watch the boys play ball.  Our field is somewhat unique in its layout and the confusion and subsequent confrontation over lawn chair location should not be construed as an overall indictment of our program, the players or the parents.   

Best of luck to Maryville (and the other teams in the District) in the tournament.  Y'all have a good team and a good group of young men.   

If Farragut is an extended family, maybe one of your family members needs to address this issue with this rest of your family.  This is has to be embarrassing if a non-baseball fan from middle Tennessee saw this.