John Klock Classic (Elizabethton High School Jan 16, 2016)

REVDL

Coach John Klock Classic Duals

Date: January 16, 2016

907 Jason Witten Way

Elizabethton TN 37643     

Entry Fee: $150.00 per team

Please make checks to Elizabethton High School Athletics

Do Not Mail Checks!!!  Bring all checks to weigh-ins

Format: Teams will be divided into 4 pools and wrestle 4-5 duals each. My goal is to have 16 teams with 4 mats so that we can finish no later than 6PM. If we have 16 teams the top teams from each pool will come out and face off to determine 1st through 4th place. The 2nd place finishers will come out and face off to determine 5th through 8th place. The third and fourth place teams will also do likewise to determine 9th through 16th places. This will guarantee everyone five matches in one day.

Background Information: This will be the second annual John Klock Classic Duals. Last year we had 6 teams (on just 2 mats) and everyone got five matches in a day and wrestling finished by 3PM. West Henderson High School from North Carolina won the event last year. My goal this year is to expand the tournament while still being able to keep it a relatively short day by wrestling standards. My hope is to try to promote this as “The Battle of the Blue Ridge Mountains†by getting teams from North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee. If this happens I plan to divide the pools up in such a way that most teams will get at least 2 out of state matches in the day. I believe this can be an awesome day of wrestling for everyone and this year to try to ensure teams are getting matches I’m going to ask that teams that enter the tournament have a minimum of 8 wrestlers on their squads to keep things competitive. If you are interested in being a part of this special event that honors the Coach that started wrestling in Elizabethton please let me know so that I can begin putting together a tentative roster for this event.     

Weigh-Ins: 7:00-8:30 AM

Wrestle: 9:00 AM

Awards: Plaques will be awarded for 1st to 4th places.

Hospitality Room: Will be available for coaches, referees, administrators, and tournament workers.

Teams Committed:

From TN

Bearden (40th in AAA state), CAK (12th in A/AA state), David Crockett, Elizabethton, Fulton (34th in A/AA state), Greenback (24th in A/AA state), Sullivan East (19th A/AA in state), Knox Webb (16th Division 2 state)

From VA

Union (20th in AA state), Virginia High School (23rd in AA state), John Battle (26th in AA state), J.I. Burton

From NC

West Henderson

Concessions and T-shirts will be available for the tournament.

Contact Info: Donnie Shipley                                    

Elizabethton Wrestling Coach                           

Cell (423)794-9882                                          

Work (423)547-8015                                        

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...