State Champion of the Past: 2005 Maryville Rebels (10-year anniversary)

I know all of Maryville's state titles seem to run together, but it's actually been a DECADE since this team took the field.

2005 Maryville Rebels

Class 4A State Champions (15-0)

Head coach: (who do you think?)

Team led by Landon Hall, Ryan Tallent, Matt Niethammer, Brad Fulton, Gary Tucker, Josh Smith, Curtis Tate, juniors Derek Hunt and Tyler Maples, sophomore Aaron Douglas, and surely many more that I missed.

W 41-21 @ Alcoa (ouch)

W 37-0 @ Clinton

W 35-0 Heritage

W 47-19 Powell

W 39-3 @ William Blount

W 17-14 @ Knox. Central

W 41-12 Knox. West

W 55-0 @ South-Doyle

W 28-12 Knox. Halls

W 56-20 Lenoir City

Playoffs

W 45-7 White Co.

W 27-0 Powell

W 33-23 Knox. Central

W 28-0 @ Morristown West

W 23-10 vs. Melrose

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all of Maryville's state titles seem to run together, but it's actually been a DECADE since this team took the field.

2005 Maryville Rebels

Team led by Landon Hall, Ryan Tallent, Matt Niethammer, Brad Fulton, Gary Tucker, Josh Smith, Curtis Tate, juniors Derek Hunt and Tyler Maples, sophomore Aaron Douglas, and surely many more that I missed.

W 41-21 @ Alcoa (ouch)

W 37-0 @ Clinton

W 35-0 Heritage

W 47-19 Powell

W 39-3 @ William Blount

W 17-14 @ Knox. Central

W 41-12 Knox. West

W 55-0 @ South-Doyle

W 28-12 Knox. Halls

W 56-20 Lenoir City

Playoffs

W 45-7 White Co.

W 27-0 Powell

W 33-23 Knox. Central

W 28-0 @ Morristown West

W 23-10 vs. Melrose

AB vurry good runnin' teem........Wif Tallent and Tank Baker....And a vurry good D.....Shut down Graig Cooper and Melrose fer tha secuund strait yeer, az Ryan Tallent outrushed tha Miammy sineknee.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

AB vurry good runnin' teem........Wif Tallent and Tank Baker....And a vurry good D.....Shut down Graig Cooper and Melrose fer tha secuund strait yeer, az Ryan Tallent outrushed tha Miammy sineknee.... :popcorneater:

That team had the backs, that's for sure. Maryville's skill players always seems to outshine even the best college signees.

2005 Maryville Rebels

Landon Hall was a junior along with Tank Baker and one of the best MLBs Maryville has ever had, Tanner Caylor, was also a junior. Brent Burnett (soph) played lots at QB with Derek Hunt. Another key senior was Katlin Kimsey. Smith and Tucker were beasts at DTs.

Landon Hall was a junior along with Tank Baker and one of the best MLBs Maryville has ever had, Tanner Caylor, was also a junior. Brent Burnett (soph) played lots at QB with Derek Hunt. Another key senior was Katlin Kimsey. Smith and Tucker were beasts at DTs.

Scots50 jr. wuz allsew a vurry good OG fer tha Rebs thait yeer.. :popcorneater:

Thanks for posting. I just knew I had left out a lot of important parts to that team. Apparently GQ liked to rotate quarterbacks then like he does today. But it's worked!

We had a fairly good kicker on that team if I remember correklee.