Warren Co. 2015

Rumors going around town is the coach is already looking to leave. Rumor has it he has been putting applications in around the Nashville and Brentwood area for asst coach positions for this upcoming season. This could end up very bad for the Pioneers if this is true.

If this happens, he should take the AD with him.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie will be better and they have a good coach. CC will be better and their soph qb will be very good. WC could go 0-10..how will your team be

Well I haven't been closely following them in the off season like years past. I became a first time father in the winter, so the little one has taken up most of my free time. Honestly, going off what I've heard, my best guess is they will be a lot like last years team. I'm confident we will win at least 5 games, and some of our close losses last season hopefully turn into wins this year.

Last year what separated DC and WC is that WC had good coaching unlike most seasons. They were prepared mentally and physically. In years past when DC beat WC in close games, it was due to poor coaching on WC's part, and them not properly being prepared.

DC will rarely have more talent overall on the field than WC, if ever. WC's high school has a ton more students than DC, so obviously they will always have more students/athletes to choose from. Up until last season, Coach Trapp had simply always out coached WC's coach. Our team was better prepared mentally and physically when we won close games. We have had some massive blowouts over WC, as has WC over DC in Coach Trapp's early years.

If things are as bad in WC as people are letting on, I don't think WC will be properly prepared come game 1 vs. DC. I don't believe we have the horses to blow WC out, no matter how bad they potentially are. A win by a TD or two is very possible though.

Our junior QB Jennings is probably our best player overall. He has a very strong arm, but has been a little inconsistent with his throws at times. We basically lost all of our WR production, so were looking for some younger players to emerge and step up to the plate. We also lost a very good RB in Boss, who was underused in my personal opinion. He will be extremely hard to replace. He wasn't all that fast, but I think most everyone will agree he was a handful when fed the ball. He was a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of running back, mixed in with some longer runs of over 10+ yards at times. 

Why would the coach accept the job then turn around and apply for other jobs ? That is crazy. You people would be better served if you gave your support and give the new guy a chance. Those kids don't need to hear all this negativity; they deserve better.

Maybe he didn't realize what he was actually stepping into. The small town politics, Dibrell Mafia, booster club, and parents may be getting the best of him. Everyone in WC seems to know more than their coach, and want to basically run the program themselves. There is a reason every good coach leaves WC running after a year or two. The only ones that stick around more than 2 years seem to be the local guys that are willing to be controlled and be a "do boy" for everyone I listed. These local guys are never the answer though.

I think the rumours are coming from the folks who left and the people that are upset their pick for coach left for Sparta. There are some parents that are going to gripe and complain because little Johnny who in their opinion is an all pro in the making is on the JV team. If the man was going to leave, why did he BUY a house in Warren County? The kids that had the cojones to stay and not run to the big city are working hard and determined to turn this thing around

This thing has been going on forever it seems. The worst part is as of late the two biggest trouble making parents were not even from Warren County. The QB that left, his dad was from somewhere in NE Tn I believe and the last booster president ( the one that quit when she didn't get her way) is from Grundy Co. The other parent that likes to cause trouble, is a local firefighter that is a cousin to the coach that went to Sparta do she's ticked he didn't get the job.

How long has this crap been going on at Warren County? You'd think after so many losing seasons they would just be hungry to win and would do whatever it took to get it done.

This thing has been going on forever it seems. The worst part is as of late the two biggest trouble making parents were not even from Warren County. The QB that left, his dad was from somewhere in NE Tn I believe and the last booster president ( the one that quit when she didn't get her way) is from Grundy Co. The other parent that likes to cause trouble, is a local firefighter that is a cousin to the coach that went to Sparta do she's ticked he didn't get the job.

How long has this crap been going on at Warren County? You'd think after so many losing seasons they would just be hungry to win and would do whatever it took to get it done.

That's crazy and sad...

We have had some bad stuff going on at WB since 2007 but it seems like everyone got tired of losing and started working hard to right the ship. I hope that will happen at Warren County eventually. It would be nice to see them having success. You can't help but root for teams that have been down that long.