Heritage 2015

Looked like a good day for football practice out at Heritage High today. I stopped by a second and it looks like they have 55 to 60 on the team during the spring. They sure had some big boys in the line. If they had UT uniforms on I wouldn't have known the difference they were so big. Anyone know if there are any scrimmages or will they keep everything in house for the spring.2gy85rt.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live real close to Heritage and was driving by coming home and saw they were practicing and stopped a minute to check them out. I didn't see one parent there period watching practice. You go to a Maryville practice and you normally see at least a dozen parents there watching their sons practice. I also noticed the coaches were running things at a fast scale. 140izpk.jpg

Heritage has some good numbers out this year with alittle more size. They're suppose to scrimmage Seymour within the next week. I've heard Hammontree isn't to parent friendly and keeps them at a distance. Some of the older maryville fans and players may know more than me on that topic though.

Heritage has some good numbers out this year with alittle more size. They're suppose to scrimmage Seymour within the next week. I've heard Hammontree isn't to parent friendly and keeps them at a distance. Some of the older maryville fans and players may know more than me on that topic though.

Can you keep us posted on the scrimmage? The size was what got my attention today. 

Hammondtree lives in my neighborhood and is not very friendly at all. may be its all.those Maryville kids running around reminding him of the past. he seems an a $ $.

Hammondtree lives in my neighborhood and is not very friendly at all. may be its all.those Maryville kids running around reminding him of the past. he seems an a $ $.

Tim is a very hard nosed person but he is a good man. One of the things that makes him a good football coach is that he will not take any bull crap from anyone and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. He is the perfect coach for Heritage because you had a line of coaches that were bent over the barrel by parents and other inside problems that caused the destruction of that program. Had he not been at Maryville during his time you would not be seeing what you are now. The program was full of cancer just like Heritage and he got rid of it. GQ took over a program that was not infected with what all Tim had to do to get rid of it and most people that are long time fans of Maryville know that. I was glad to see the progress he is making out there and hope their program keeps getting better. 

Tim is a very hard nosed person but he is a good man. One of the things that makes him a good football coach is that he will not take any bull crap from anyone and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. He is the perfect coach for Heritage because you had a line of coaches that were bent over the barrel by parents and other inside problems that caused the destruction of that program. Had he not been at Maryville during his time you would not be seeing what you are now. The program was full of cancer just like Heritage and he got rid of it. GQ took over a program that was not infected with what all Tim had to do to get rid of it and most people that are long time fans of Maryville know that. I was glad to see the progress he is making out there and hope their program keeps getting better.

Barney,

All of that may be true but you can still be a good football coach and not alienate people. Just look at Shadowens... He built up the Smyrna and Blackman football programs and he is a personable and likable guy. He is in the process of rebuilding the WB football program and tons of kids came out to play for him. Hammontree ran off half of his team the first season he was up there. I just think you have to be a likable person to be successful with kids these days.