Heritage 2015

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim is a very hard nosed person but he is a good man. One of the things that makes him a good football coach is that he will not take any bull crap from anyone and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. He is the perfect coach for Heritage because you had a line of coaches that were bent over the barrel by parents and other inside problems that caused the destruction of that program. Had he not been at Maryville during his time you would not be seeing what you are now. The program was full of cancer just like Heritage and he got rid of it. GQ took over a program that was not infected with what all Tim had to do to get rid of it and most people that are long time fans of Maryville know that. I was glad to see the progress he is making out there and hope their program keeps getting better.                                    

well i have been a MARYVILLE FAN for about 15 yrs but was not following the program when hammondtree was there. Im sorry if I struck a nerve but i dont believe I called into question his coaching ability or whatever he did at MARYVILLE.  I just stated the facts of what happened in front of my house.   I could really careless if he likes small talk or whatever.  The one thing I do know is that all the success that I have witnessed in my years of following this program have been under the leadership of GQ & CO.       

Oak Ridge and Sevier County preseason scrimmages nothing to shake a stick at!

True. I didn't know they had those lined up. I just know scrimmaging teams like Gatlinburg Pittman and Seymour isn't going to make Heritage better. It's good to see that they are going to start scrimmaging good teams.

Of course We can't talk because wr have been scrimmaging some cupcakes too but we are scrimmaging Cleveland tomorrow.

Heritage and gp scrimmaged in a full game like situation. 4 quarters and everything, just no kicking game. Heritage won 48-30. Heritage had 4 one play scoring drives and saw 4 different running backs find the endzone. Def forced a couple of turnovers and were hitting harder than last year.

This went back and forth until the fourth quarter when it was 24 -24. Both teams had decent offensive days. I was very impressed with Amburm and Wright carrying the ball.  Wright ran a 70 yard run and I'm sure he gained over a 100 yards the first quarter alone splitting time with Amburn. The passing game looked like a wounded animal with lots of poorly thrown passes ending up for interceptions and dropped balls galore. I left when Heritage went up 36-24 and as I was walking out a family there to watch G-P said they were leaving because Heritage had their first team in against G-P's second string when they broke the game lose. I did count right at 70+ players dressed out for Heritage so the numbers are up for sure.j8zh44.jpg