2015 Blount County Jamboree

Governm

I got to thinking about the jamboree this year and I wonder if they are going to keep things the same now that all of the county schools are playing each other? If they do things the way they have been doing them William Blount will match-up with Alcoa and Maryville will play Heritage. There's only one problem with that.... Maryville and Heritage will be playing the following week and WB will be playing Alcoa two weeks after the Jamboree. That would be kind of redundant would it not? It would make the jamboree even more pointless and boring than it already is. So will they change things up this year? Maybe we can get the Sevier county schools involved again or join the Knoxville Schools. Thoughts?

Edited by Governors91

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to thinking about the jamboree this year and I wonder if they are going to keep things the same now that all of the county schools are playing each other? If they do things the way they have been doing them William Blount will match-up with Alcoa and Maryville will play Heritage. There's only one problem with that.... Maryville and Heritage will be playing the following week and WB will be playing Alcoa two weeks after the Jamboree. That would be kind of redundant would it not? It would make the jamboree even more pointless and boring than it already is. So will they change things up this year? Maybe we can get the Sevier county schools involved again or join the Knoxville Schools. Thoughts?

Where's it at this year? Ellejoy?

Everyone donate the 6 bucks and call it off!

Edited by OldRebel2

what are the rules on jamborees and scrimmages anyway? Could a team conceivably have their own 4 quarter jamboree and play starters one quarter, 2nd stringers one quarter, 3rd stringers one quarter etc.? That would be a good idea if it was within the rules. It would be a good way for every player on a team to get plenty of reps.

Edited by Governors91

what are the rules on jamborees and scrimmages anyway? Could a team conceivably have their own 4 quarter jamboree and play starters one quarter, 2nd stringers one quarter, 3rd stringers one quarter etc.? That would be a good idea if it was within the rules. It would be a good way for every player on a team to get plenty of reps.

I remember last year Maryville playing the first string one series the second team the next series and the third string the third series and someone went for two on them. Is that what your talking about. 

I remember last year Maryville playing the first string one series the second team the next series and the third string the third series and someone went for two on them. Is that what your talking about.

No I'm talking about each unit getting a quarter. That would make more sense IMO. If you think about the way they do jamborees now most teams only get one quarter and are trying to scramble everyone in to get some time. If teams had their own jamborees and gave each unit a quarter everyone would get plenty of reps. It just seems like it would do teams more good. But of course its prolly against the rules which is stupid.

Don't forget about GREENBACK...

Don't forget about GREENBACK...

Of course. If the formula stays the same Alcoa will play WB and Greenback. I'm talking about how the in-county teams are going to be playing each other early in the season. Maryville and Heritage will play in week 1 and WB and Alcoa in week 2 or 3. This will make the jamboree pointless and boring IMO.nobody will want to show anything because they will be playing the other team in a real game in the following weeks.

Of course. If the formula stays the same Alcoa will play WB and Greenback. I'm talking about how the in-county teams are going to be playing each other early in the season. Maryville and Heritage will play in week 1 and WB and Alcoa in week 2 or 3. This will make the jamboree pointless and boring IMO.nobody will want to show anything because they will be playing the other team in a real game in the following weeks.

Its been a long time since it wasnt pointless and boring.EXCEPT for the two loint conversion last yr.LOL!