Union City

HoopsTN1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess everyone is just gonna write Halls off huh? Since the topic turned to Westview, Halls won both meetings against them in June. 1st game winning by 10 and 2nd game by 5 after being down by 15. Their star player was demolished by Tavon King. Not looking for a debate, I'm just saying whoever thinks Halls will finish 4th in the district has to be crazy.

So I guess everyone is just gonna write Halls off huh? Since the topic turned to Westview, Halls won both meetings against them in June. 1st game winning by 10 and 2nd game by 5 after being down by 15. Their star player was demolished by Tavon King. Not looking for a debate, I'm just saying whoever thinks Halls will finish 4th in the district has to be crazy.

Halls has a fine team and King is an excellent player.But was Westview with everyone there?Westview is loaded if everyone is there.And you said Halls was down by 15.Did Westview remove their starters?

Edited by mrbigster

I sure wish you'd quit changing your name.Hard to keep up with you.We know you are Halls only supporter that posts  and calls in on the radio...lol

@mrbigster I've never changed my name nor ever called any radio stations. Who does that??? But its fine if i'm the only supporter. You too will be a supporter by christmas lol. But i'm a fan of basketball period. Like I said previously, wasn't trying to debate I'm just saying don't sleep on Halls. UC, Humbolt, and Ripley were the only teams that beat Halls and ppl still wanna rank them 4th with all 5 starters returning.

I'm an outsider from your district but have seen all of the top 4 play. I saw them last year and at camps. My pick for the district is Halls, Lake County, UC and Humboldt. Refer back to this post next February! I think Halls has the most athletic team of all the above. It just depends on how they come together as a team. LC is very athletic as well.

@mrbigster I've never changed my name nor ever called any radio stations. Who does that??? But its fine if i'm the only supporter. You too will be a supporter by christmas lol. But i'm a fan of basketball period. Like I said previously, wasn't trying to debate I'm just saying don't sleep on Halls. UC, Humbolt, and Ripley were the only teams that beat Halls and ppl still wanna rank them 4th with all 5 starters returning.

No doubt.I think Halls very well could be the top spot.But UC also could and Humboldt,and I look for Lake Co to be better.Think the new coach will push them and play better on defense.Also think we have a couple newcomers that may help off the bench.One didnt play during his freshman year and the other was a stud,very long moving up from middle school.That is is he plays.

I'm an outsider from your district but have seen all of the top 4 play. I saw them last year and at camps. My pick for the district is Halls, Lake County, UC and Humboldt. Refer back to this post next February! I think Halls has the most athletic team of all the above. It just depends on how they come together as a team. LC is very athletic as well.

You're exactly right they have to play together. Defense I think was our biggest problem last year. I told them all the time that they could score with any team in the state but can't stop a team of 4th graders from scoring. They realized that over the summer and focused on that aspect of their game. They are a tougher team now. They all have grown a lot also. McKinney is now knocking on 6'6. Rogers is 6'3 and even our shortest starter Cordell Person who was 5'6 last season is now 6'0 even. So we're longer as well. I'm excited to see how everything unfolds. It's gonna be some real good games.

No doubt.I think Halls very well could be the top spot.But UC also could and Humboldt,and I look for Lake Co to be better.Think the new coach will push them and play better on defense.Also think we have a couple newcomers that may help off the bench.One didnt play during his freshman year and the other was a stud,very long moving up from middle school.That is is he plays.

Man I think LC has more heart and fight in them than anyone in the state. They don't give up until the buzzer sounds. I saw that in the tournament with them losing to UC by 4. My opinion is that LC won that game but that's another topic lol. But I love those guys. LC has always been a scrappy team. I think they will definitely be a top contender.