Class A State Bracket

bluecollar

Cornersville will win the game Looney pitches! After that I don't know enough about those teams. I feel like the Summertown vrs Goodpasture match up where ever it is winners bracket or losers bracket will determine the Riverdale championship.

Edited by EAsports

Cornersville will win the game Looney pitches! After that I don't know enough about those teams. I feel like the Summertown vrs Goodpasture match up where ever it is winners bracket or losers bracket will determine the Riverdale championship.

You are probably right. They are a classic example of one team riding one pitcher twice last week to advance. They won't win any other games. They have one chance. When he pitches.

You are completely insane. This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. They were not suppose to win that game. It was a fluke. You know it, and everyone else at that game knows it. NG was going to win that game just like they did the year before. It's sad that the TSSAA is so bad and an umpire wants to steal the spotlight from a kid and ends his senior year like that.

Are you serious? I had no idea that one player made your team. Last I knew it was 9 playing at a time. Let's see OHS sent 4 to the plate in the first and NG sent 3. Well since he is a senior he should have played with more leadership. Swinging an elbow at a player is little class. And if you think it wasn't intentional you are bad wrong. I was a few feet away and looking right at it. All you saw was his back so you saw nothing. Scoreboard had OHS on top and they left Oneida thinking they would win!!!!

Edited by thelawking

Are you serious? I had no idea that one player made your team. Last I knew it was 9 playing at a time. Let's see OHS sent 4 to the plate in the first and NG sent 3. Well since he is a senior he should have played with more leadership. Swinging an elbow at a player is little class. And if you think it wasn't intentional you are bad wrong. I was a few feet away and looking right at it. All you saw was his back so you saw nothing. Scoreboard had OHS on top and they left Oneida thinking they would win!!!!

Wow you're dumb. The first baseman provoked it. He did not throw an elbow at the player. It was a baseball play and he just tried to knock the ball out, and how about the first baseman busting his lip..hmm? The umpire overreacted and that was the result. Tried to steal the spotlight and made a terrible call. One player doesn't make a team, you're right, but that one player also had 15 K's and gave up 0 hits to a better Oneida team than this year. Also his spot came up with runners on 2 and 3. You and I both know NG would have won with him on the hill.

Wow you're dumb. The first baseman provoked it. He did not throw an elbow at the player. It was a baseball play and he just tried to knock the ball out, and how about the first baseman busting his lip..hmm? The umpire overreacted and that was the result. Tried to steal the spotlight and made a terrible call. One player doesn't make a team, you're right, but that one player also had 15 K's and gave up 0 hits to a better Oneida team than this year. Also his spot came up with runners on 2 and 3. You and I both know NG would have won with him on the hill.

Would love to get an account of what happened instead of riddles. Hopefully one of you or both of you could provide it.

First inning Ng pitcher was dealing against them feeling good, they didn't have a lot of confidence because of what he did to them the previous year and our guys are ready to go back to the state tourney. Bottom 1, 2 outs, He is the number 3 batter he hit a slow roller down the 1b line, first baseman fields. And instead of taking 2 steps and going back and tagging the bag, he stands and waits for Hall, to tag him. So he sticks his glove and arm out in the baseline. So as He is running straight down the line his left arm came up and hit his glove and he hit Hall in the mouth with his glove but he held on and jogged off. Just a tough baseball play, nobody hit the dirt or anything.The first base umpire comes in and ejects him from the game and said he hit the 1B with malicious intent. The other team goes crazy because they had a new life because they knew Hall was going to beat them again.

If you have ever seen the Yankess Red Sox game where A-Rod blatantly hit Bronson Arroyo's glove it was similar to that. But Hall was not that blatant about it and did not touch the player at all, whereas A Rod smacked his arm. The umpires simply just called A Rod out, which is what the umpire on the Oneida game should have done. Especially regarding the magnitude of the game. It was a completely uncalled for ejection.

Edited by tmoney10

tmoney, its not worth the argument.  I agree NG has a great team.  Had many an opportunity to win as well. I have one question and that is where were you standing when the incident you speak of occurred?

Intense game, I can see where things could flare up at anytime.  Lots on the line for both clubs.  So, the batter got hit in the mouth and it split his lip and you say it was from the glove? 

First inning Ng pitcher was dealing against them feeling good, they didn't have a lot of confidence because of what he did to them the previous year and our guys are ready to go back to the state tourney. Bottom 1, 2 outs, He is the number 3 batter he hit a slow roller down the 1b line, first baseman fields. And instead of taking 2 steps and going back and tagging the bag, he stands and waits for Hall, to tag him. So he sticks his glove and arm out in the baseline. So as He is running straight down the line his left arm came up and hit his glove and he hit Hall in the mouth with his glove but he held on and jogged off.......

Well I wasn't there so I can't speak to intent of the runner or the fielder. I would say that the fielder has a right to block the path of the runner if he has the ball. The runner does not have a right to swipe at the glove or the fielder. The runner has a right to attempt to get around the fielder but not go through the runner. At any rate, one would hope that the umpire would only eject the runner if it was CLEARLY malicious. Looking back maybe the umpire could have showed some restraint with an ejection. At the same time, maybe the runner could have showed some restraint in regards to the amount of contact.

At the end of the day, if you only score one run then you are not playing your best game.

Edited by bluecollar

Winning with him on the hill, I guess no one will ever know.  What happened is usually something that happens to Oneida, be it football, basketball, or baseball.  I have seen Officials cause many an Oneida loss over the years.  I can think of one football game against Greenback at Oneida in 2013 to name one.  Officials are part of the game too.  Each are human just like the players.  Critical call, but if you are important to your team, don't get put in a spot like that.

bluecollar, it was a critical call.  It didn't just stop at the ejection.  So emotions were high and I understand.  Bad for both teams.  

By the way, Oneida wasn't afraid of his pitching, lead off hit a liner to left which was caught, 2nd batter stuck out, third batter walked, fourth batter struck out.  But by my count that was four players to the plate when NG only sent 3 against the OHS ace in the first.  I was actually thinking we were going extra innings based on how the pitchers started.

Game had other interesting events too.  The NG pitcher hit two consecutive batters in the side of the face.  Lots of laughs from the third baseline right after.

Edited by thelawking