Who will be the new Gleason Girls’ High School Basketball coach?

HuskerVol04

Names to consider:

Tyler Walls (Gibson County Junior Pioneers Boys & Girls head basketball coach)

Nathan Russell (Dresden Middle Girls’ head basketball coach)

Natalie Fuqua ( Martin Middle School Girls’ head basketball coach)

Nicole Courtney (Riverside Girls’ head basketball coach)

Beth Pope (Dyer County Girls’ basketball assistant coach)

Kayla Hudson (St. George’s Girls’ head basketball coach)

Renee Wyatt (Camden Girls’ head basketball coach)

Kim Palmer (Blackman Girls’ basketball assistant coach)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see who applies for this position. I know that the money probably isnt quite as good as it would be at a bigger school but I would assume that this would be a very desirable job.Its a solid program with a group of young talent that should make a legitimate run this year.

Names to consider:

Tyler Walls (Gibson County Junior Pioneers Boys & Girls head basketball coach)

Nathan Russell (Dresden Middle Girls’ head basketball coach)

Natalie Fuqua ( Martin Middle School Girls’ head basketball coach)

Nicole Courtney (Riverside Girls’ head basketball coach)

Beth Pope (Dyer County Girls’ basketball assistant coach)

Kayla Hudson (St. George’s Girls’ head basketball coach)

Renee Wyatt (Camden Girls’ head basketball coach)

Kim Palmer (Blackman Girls’ basketball assistant coach)

I think Hudson, Courtney, Wyatt are ridiculous. Why would any of them leave for a lateral or lower job?

Pope is interesting, but as well as DC pays I doubt it.

but as well as DC pays I doubt it.

How well does DC pay?

http://www.teateachers.org/weakley-county-salary-schedule

http://www.teateachers.org/dyer-county-salary-schedule

The salary schedules are almost identical between Weakly and Dyer counties.

A head coach's supplement is more than an assistant and she would be head coach at the middle school and high school at Gleason.

Edited by warmachine7954

If Dyer Co / Dyersburg don't pay well, then ............................

Why are there 5 assistants sitting on McCord's benches? No other HS in West TN has that many assistant coaches for either girls or boys, much less both.

Why is Coffman taking a huge pay cut to go to Riverdale?  Rutherford Co is supposed to be one of the highest paying.

2k a year more for teaching, plus 7k more for coaching, that's a big pay bump. When you x's that by 2 it's a huge difference.

It's a little over $1000 between Dyersburg (where she doesn't work) and a few hundred between Weakly Co. and Dyer Co(where she does work)

Who pays $7000 in West Tn as a coaching supplement?

Shelby County is the highest paying district in the state for teachers and they only pay about $2500 for a basketball head coaching supplement.

There is this myth I've noticed around CoachT. People seem to think that district can and will pay a good coach more. It's not really possible. The teaching schedule is negotiated and the supplements are laid out by the board. This isn't the NBA/WNBA. These aren't profits that are paying people's salaries. It's tax dollars. 

Edited by warmachine7954