Lake Co Looking for a head coach

mrbigster

Lake Co from my understanding is looking for a new head coach.I hear Coach Ayers is going back to the middle school and possibly be the assistant principal.Hear MikeyvMoore, football coach at the middle school and principal will maybe become assistant principal at the high school.Also hear LC is also looking for assistant football coaches as well as head coach for the girls team

Could be a great starter program for someone. Will they hire 1 person for both boys and girls?

I doubt it.Boys coach will be inheriting a lot of talent.Middle school also had a very good team.Lake co will hold their own in single A for quite a while as long as they can keep the players from going to other schools.Lake Co will have 4 starters back from last year that beat McKenzie in the regionals,who was ranked about 6th in the State on their home floor.Actually beat McKenzie 2 out of 3 games.Lake Co lost two players last year to Dyersburg that still live in Lake Co.and drives 18 miles each way everyday.One of them was the best player on the middle school team  that will be a sophmore and should be the starting guard for Dyersburg this season.Just went to a bigger school.Dont think he went to a better team.Probably would have helped LC go far in the playoffs ,maybe a chance at state  while at Dyersburg because of the teams they play,more than likely won't do much as far as playoffs.May have thought he would get more exposure at a bigger school but with the talent at Lake Co ,he would have stood out.But that was their decision.A lot probably had to do with the turmoil over Coach Barger leaving and about 22 teachers being let go or leaving.Played at LC all through middle school and his sister was a standout at the high school and received a college scholarship.With him leaving,that hurt Lake Co somewhat but still have a lot of talent.Had a player at the middle school last year that was a stud and probably will be the first off the bench and looks like he has the frame to grow to maybe 6'5 or taller.Looks to be about 6'1 now.Middle school also had a player about 6'4 that looks pretty decent on defense.Could be a player in a couple more years with work. .

Edited by mrbigster

I doubt it.Boys coach will be inheriting a lot of talent.Middle school also had a very good team.Lake co will hold their own in single A for quite a while as long as they can keep the players from going to other schools.Lake Co will have 4 starters back from last year that beat McKenzie in the regionals,who was ranked about 6th in the State on their home floor.Actually beat McKenzie 2 out of 3 games.Lake Co lost two players last year to Dyersburg that still live in Lake Co.and drives 18 miles each way everyday.One of them was the best player on the middle school team  that will be a sophmore and should be the starting guard for Dyersburg this season.Just went to a bigger school.Dont think he went to a better team.Probably would have helped LC go far in the playoffs ,maybe a chance at state  while at Dyersburg because of the teams they play,more than likely won't do much as far as playoffs.May have thought he would get more exposure at a bigger school but with the talent at Lake Co ,he would have stood out.But that was their decision.A lot probably had to do with the turmoil over Coach Barger leaving and about 22 teachers being let go or leaving.Played at LC all through middle school and his sister was a standout at the high school and received a college scholarship.With him leaving,that hurt Lake Co somewhat but still have a lot of talent.Had a player at the middle school last year that was a stud and probably will be the first off the bench and looks like he has the frame to grow to maybe 6'5 or taller.Looks to be about 6'1 now.Middle school also had a player about 6'4 that looks pretty decent on defense.Could be a player in a couple more years with work. .

Lake Co. actually plays tougher teams night in and night out than Dyersburg district wise. Dburgs district is sub-par at best. Westview was the only team to make it to region semi's last year. LC's district is probably the best single a district in the state. My point being Spencer didn't come to Dburg for more exposure I don't think, but thats just my opinion.

Is there any names for the lake county job?

I remember watching him play at Three Oaks.Am concerned about him being so young and getting the attention of a couple of the players.Talked to a friend yesterday that is ia assisitant at Dyersburg and he said Cody was going to do a great job,an x and 0 man.Just hopes he brings in a system that lets the kids run.These guys coming back arent going to play the take 20 passes before you shoot approach.Lake Co has height in Estes,the two Jones kids are very good players,and Quan Jones is a flashy type player.And with Darius Johnson and football star Wilkes,these kids are going to run.So could come down to his system if he pulls in the reins or lets them run.But after listening to my buddy,I'm on board.

I remember watching him play at Three Oaks.Am concerned about him being so young and getting the attention of a couple of the players.Talked to a friend yesterday that is ia assisitant at Dyersburg and he said Cody was going to do a great job,an x and 0 man.Just hopes he brings in a system that lets the kids run.These guys coming back arent going to play the take 20 passes before you shoot approach.Lake Co has height in Estes,the two Jones kids are very good players,and Quan Jones is a flashy type player.And with Darius Johnson and football star Wilkes,these kids are going to run.So could come down to his system if he pulls in the reins or lets them run.But after listening to my buddy,I'm on board.

I don't think there is any way he tries and slows them down. I'm a dyersburg fan and from everything I have heard around town he is a good coach. I hope he does well up there and wish him the best.He is young but I think you guys got a good one. Everybody has to have a first job at some point.

I don't think there is any way he tries and slows them down. I'm a dyersburg fan and from everything I have heard around town he is a good coach. I hope he does well up there and wish him the best.He is young but I think you guys got a good one. Everybody has to have a first job at some point.

I hope you're right and I have heard good things about him.So I'm on board and hope other LC faithful will be as well.Since Coach Whitby came,then Coach barger LC has athletes that run the floor.Same with players coming from the middle school.LC has 2 or 3 players coming from the middle school that is very talented and with about 4 or 5 starters coming back to the high school team ,should keep the team spaced out with not everyone being in the same class.Gives the younger players a year of two to come off the bench as key players and should keep LC revelant for several years with no drop off like a lot of Single A teams do.So congrats to Cody and hoping he does great.