Peabody's coach resigns

horse

Gaddis would be the wrong hire. He's a journeyman not going to stay anywhere more than a year or two.

Lol...hiring a winner is always the wrong hire. I'll bet if you ask Haney if he's glad he hired Gaddis even though he stayed only a year the answer would be yes. I'll bet if you ask Haney if he's glad he hired Woods even though he stayed only two years the answer would be yes. I'll also bet Oak Ridge agrees with you....don't hire Gaddis! I wouldn't look for him to leave Oak Ridge anyway.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe is one of the best

why in the world would Gaddis leave Trenton...go to his "dream job" in Oak Ridge...have a good year then even think about coming back to Trenton? Peabody fans are in fantasyland if they even think he'd come back... 

Peabody will be good no matter who the coach is but the right hire will result in another state title. Remember that just a few years ago Peabody was a weak program.

If that is the case, they should just promote Shane Jacobs. They would not have to change anything. 

Edited by TrojanTrain

why in the world would Gaddis leave Trenton...go to his "dream job" in Oak Ridge...have a good year then even think about coming back to Trenton? Peabody fans are in fantasyland if they even think he'd come back...

They probably hope even if they don't think it's likely. They should want him back, just like they hope Woods changes his mind. Gaddis went out of his way to express his love for Peabody when he left, at least that's what I remember from the Jackson Sun. That may be fueling their hope

I'm a diehard Tide fan. Me, my brother and my father along with my son and two nephews played for the Tide. My son played for Gaddis and one of my nephews plays now. I'm thankful for Woods and what did this last 2 years and wish the best of luck in Starkville. I respect Gaddis and enjoyed him as a coach but I don't want him back. He moved on and so did we. I appreciate all he did while he was here but I don't want to be looking for another coach in a year or so. I believe Haney will look around and see what he can find and will also give a thought to promoting Jacobs. I don't see us having any problems find a replacement. We have great facilities, plenty of talent and a good fan base. When we hired Woods Haney said that he had a ton of applicants for job so it's seems like coaches see what we have to offer. Our program is strong and will continue to be so. ROLL TIDE!!! And thank you Coach Woods!!!

I'm a diehard Tide fan. Me, my brother and my father along with my son and two nephews played for the Tide. My son played for Gaddis and one of my nephews plays now. I'm thankful for Woods and what did this last 2 years and wish the best of luck in Starkville. I respect Gaddis and enjoyed him as a coach but I don't want him back. He moved on and so did we. I appreciate all he did while he was here but I don't want to be looking for another coach in a year or so. I believe Haney will look around and see what he can find and will also give a thought to promoting Jacobs. I don't see us having any problems find a replacement. We have great facilities, plenty of talent and a good fan base. When we hired Woods Haney said that he had a ton of applicants for job so it's seems like coaches see what we have to offer. Our program is strong and will continue to be so. ROLL TIDE!!! And thank you Coach Woods!!!

Oak Ridge fans will agree with you because they won't want him back at Peabody either. I can't imagine Gaddis going back either because I'm not sure why he would want to. He turned Peabody around and will forever be remembered for that. He did the same at Henry County. He's where he wants to be and I can't see him leaving. If Haney is smart, and he is, he will quickly and decisively. The Gaddis rumors aren't good unless he actually returns and I just can't see Gaddis wanting that to happen.

I haven't heard anything from Tide fans about Gaddis coming back. All I've heard since he left was how he was going to Oak Ridge till the Milan job opened up. I didn't and don't buy that one. I think Gaddis is where he wants to be and isn't going anywhere.

I can't imagine him leaving Peabody and ever going to Milan. I agree, from what I know about him, he's where he wants to be. Are Peabody fans stunned by the sudden departure of Woods?