Peabody's coach resigns

horse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Jackson Sun it's saying that Coach Jacobs has hired head coach Driggers from South Side High school and additional Football staff from South Side High School in Jackson.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2015/05/26/hs-football-driggers-leaving-south-side-peabody/27952651/

Edited by unioncityfan1

Bump....

Yep...Win a state championship in 2A and then move DOWN to to a lower classification...

They had 395 kids in the school this past school yr so i guess being under that 400 number helped them get into 1A.

They will play in region 7 along with:

Dresden

Gleason

Greenfield

Humboldt

Lake County

South Fulton

Union City

West Carroll

Yep...Win a state championship in 2A and then move DOWN to to a lower classification...

They had 395 kids in the school this past school yr so i guess being under that 400 number helped them get into 1A.

They will play in region 7 along with:

Dresden

Gleason

Greenfield

Humboldt

Lake County

South Fulton

Union City

West Carroll

Trenton will have a running clock in every game but two or maybe three games this year. Union City verses Trenton should be a battle. Dresden will be able to keep it close, maybe. Humboldt is young but should be solid and Lake County has a stud at RB but wont be able to keep up with the pace of the game because of limited numbers on the team.

Guest hevyrevy1611

This new Region 7 has both the 1A & 2A reigning state champs. And other teams in here aint too shabby either. Talk about a gauntlet.  Top teams from this region when playoffs start will have already been battle tested against the best teams in the state... their own region foes! Methinks new champs in this new set-up will be from this region, and perhaps will do so for several years down road. If not repeating, it will be one of the other teams from here. Region 7 ROCKS! 

I dont understand the Gaddis love. i don't know if most people realize that his 96 team at oak ridge had 3 skill players that went to the SEC and he didn't even make it to the championship game. Bohannon(rb) and Mcaddley(wr) went to Alabama where Bohannon was Shaun Alexander's backup and mcaddley played in the NFL. Gipson(wr) signed with Florida when they were defending national champions. Im not sure how many past state champions in tennessee have had talent like that.