District 4-AA 2015-2016

I just went ahead and started this thread since the 2014-15 season has been over for almost 3 months, so I thought it was just time to move forward and get ready for next year.

I'm definitely not ready to make a prediction yet.

Alcoa returns a lot, mainly rising juniors, and unless something happens, Garrett Anderson will be the only returning senior for us.

If I recall correctly, CAK returns everybody from last year except Lucas Campbell (which is a HUGE void to fill).

I'm sure QSouth89 and IrishBBall will post all the necessary information about Catholic next year.

As far as Kingston and Scott go, does anybody know who all they return?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston had Thompson back but lost their best player, Scott loses Butts. I just don't ever see those two being able to compete with Catholic, CAK and Alcoa.

As usual it'll be a three team race. Over the past several years at least a team or two from this region goes to state and with Carter falling back it could be Catholic or CAK's turn.

Alcoa has talent, just depends how well they play together and if they are bought in and play with discipline.

Talked to someone at CAK at the 6'4 football player who has a Nebraska offer might end up playing this year.

Kingston had Thompson back but lost their best player, Scott loses Butts. I just don't ever see those two being able to compete with Catholic, CAK and Alcoa.

As usual it'll be a three team race. Over the past several years at least a team or two from this region goes to state and with Carter falling back it could be Catholic or CAK's turn.

Alcoa has talent, just depends how well they play together and if they are bought in and play with discipline.

Talked to someone at CAK at the 6'4 football player who has a Nebraska offer might end up playing this year.

Depth might come into play next year for CAK and Catholic. Alcoa will have some depth. If Catholic's jv kids can show they're ready to contribute the Irish could have some depth. I'm concerned about rebounding. Scott has grabbed over 300 rebounds the last two years but Anderson, Reeder, and Kuerschen will need help on the glass especially with the loss of Zack and Jordan. I think Brock Jancek will help inside. He's 6'4 and he played well on jv and in freshmen games. D.J. Mitchell is going to be a special player for the Irish. Edited by QSouth89

I've been watching The players from Catholic (Anderson, Kuerschen, Reeder, Schaffer, Scott and Smith) and CAK (Hall, Reynolds, Smith) play together during AAU. If Hutchens and Wells could combine them they'd have an awesome team. Depth might come into play next year for CAK and Catholic. Alcoa will have some depth. If Catholic's jv kids can show they're ready to contribute the Irish could have some depth. I'm concerned about rebounding. Scott has grabbed over 300 rebounds the last two years but Anderson, Reeder, and Kuerschen will need help on the glass especially with the loss of Zack and Jordan. I think Brock Jancek will help inside. He's 6'4 and he played well on jv and in freshmen games. D.J. Mitchell is going to be a special player for the Irish.

Surely CAK will have some depth only losing one player to graduation. Catholic lost their biggest inside presences from what I hear, so replacing that is always a concern, but they do have an experienced, solid point guard in Smith.

Sounds like this will be Tony Scott's opportunity to fill the void on the inside. He's a good rebounder.

Surely CAK will have some depth only losing one player to graduation. Catholic lost their biggest inside presences from what I hear, so replacing that is always a concern, but they do have an experienced, solid point guard in Smith.

Sounds like this will be Tony Scott's opportunity to fill the void on the inside. He's a good rebounder.

We shall see, Zac Jancek scored most of his points off of offensive rebounds, perimeter shots and off steals. Zac didn't exactly post up on the block and over power defenders. Scott is an undersized post and he will have to score off of offensive rebounds, improved FT shooting and develop a 12 to 15 foot jump shot. I don't see him getting the ball much on post ups. To replace the scoring and rebounds that Jancek and Anderson gave will have to be a total team effort from Scott, Kuerschen, Dawson Anderson, and whatever JV guys are moved up. Edited by QSouth89

We shall see, Zac Jancek scored most of his points off of offensive rebounds, perimeter shots and off steals. Zac didn't exactly post up on the block and over power defenders. Scott is an undersized post and he will have to score off of offensive rebounds, improved FT shooting and develop a 12 to 15 foot jump shot. I don't see him getting the ball much on post ups. To replace the scoring and rebounds that Jancek and Anderson gave will have to be a total team effort from Scott, Kuerschen, Dawson Anderson, and whatever JV guys are moved up.

I will say this: Catholic's JV impressed me last year, and of course they nearly ruined the Alcoa JV's undefeated season. The Irish have some up and coming talent for sure.

I will say this: Catholic's JV impressed me last year, and of course they nearly ruined the Alcoa JV's undefeated season. The Irish have some up and coming talent for sure.

The JV team was 17-4 last year, losing twice to Alcoa by 4 and 1 point. The other losses were in the Martin Luther King tournament at West. The team was split up because of a freshman tournament at William Blount. The Irish lost to Farragut in pool play by 8 and in the title game to West by 3. Alcoa was by far the best team they played. They had to play Farragut immediately after a hard fought, come from behind victory over Hardin Valley. And West was really good.

The JV team was 17-4 last year, losing twice to Alcoa by 4 and 1 point. The other losses were in the Martin Luther King tournament at West. The team was split up because of a freshman tournament at William Blount. The Irish lost to Farragut in pool play by 8 and in the title game to West by 3. Alcoa was by far the best team they played. They had to play Farragut immediately after a hard fought, come from behind victory over Hardin Valley. And West was really good.

So now the question becomes: how will that carry over to the varsity level?