District 4-AA 2015-2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll benefit them for sure. Duncan and Green are both solid coaches.

Not sure what Alcoa will be doing this summer to be honest.

Coach Green did schedule a summer game with Catholic at 8 in the morning on Tuesday, knowing Luke Smith and Davari Reeder are injured and can't play. The Irish will have to throw some sophomore guards into the fire. Develop some depth. Edited by QSouth89

That will surely benefit the Irish in the long run.

Need to develop some depth, there is some really good talent in the sophomore class but most of them will be first year varsity players. Catholic has 1 senior on the team so the next few years should be interesting and exciting if the boys can gel and develop better chemistry. Worried about rebounding. Edited by QSouth89

Need to develop some depth, there is some really good talent in the sophomore class but most of them will be first year varsity players. Catholic has 1 senior on the team so the next few years should be interesting and exciting if the boys can gel and develop better chemistry. Worried about rebounding.

Alcoa has a very strong rising junior class along with 1 senior, but like Catholic, it remains to be seen how deep we are. We should be pretty deep, so there's no reason why we shouldn't contend this year.

The Irish went 3-1 at Oak Ridges team camp. They lost to the Wildcats. Oak Ridge played without Tee Higgins and Luke Smith didn't play for Catholic. Up next team camp at Heritage. I was real impressed with Powell. Gary Barnes is doing an amazing job with the Panthers I heard they beat Bearden by 28 points in another camp.

• 3 weeks later...

I know to some the summer doesn't mean much because there is not a lot of game planning and players missing due to vacations, football, work, etc. However it does give coaches the opportunity to see what returning players and new players can do. With all the split talk dominating the football threads, it's good to just talk hoops. Can anyone give me any info on the rest of the district? Saw the Irish go 3-1 at Oak Ridge and 4-2 at Heritage. Saw Alcoa play at Oak Ridge and Scott County's JV team at Heritage but not their varsity. AlcoaBasketball, to answer your question Catholic will be about 11 deep. Hutchens was rotating kids 5 at a time and the second unity didn't miss a beat. Knowing Hutch he probably won't do that during the season but if the starters aren't playing hard (especially on defense) he will sub 5 out without hesitation.

Edited by QSouth89

I know to some the summer doesn't mean much because there is not a lot of game planning and players missing due to vacations, football, work, etc. However it does give coaches the opportunity to see what returning players and new players can do. With all the split talk dominating the football threads, it's good to just talk hoops. Can anyone give me any info on the rest of the district? Saw the Irish go 3-1 at Oak Ridge and 4-2 at Heritage. Saw Alcoa play at Oak Ridge and Scott County's JV team at Heritage but not their varsity. AlcoaBasketball, to answer your question Catholic will be about 11 deep. Hutchens was rotating kids 5 at a time and the second unity didn't miss a beat. Knowing Hutch he probably won't do that during the season but if the starters aren't playing hard (especially on defense) he will sub 5 out without hesitation.

Ennurstin'.

I obviously wasn't able to make it, so what kind of impression did Alcoa give you?

Ennurstin'.

I obviously wasn't able to make it, so what kind of impression did Alcoa give you?

Not a lot of size but very athletic, their press gave teams fit. The Tornadoes should be very good this year. It'll be a toss up between them and Catholic. Other then Hunter Reynolds, I'm not sure what CAK has returning, but Shane Wells is an outstanding coach and he will have the Warriors competing for the 4-AA title. Edited by QSouth89

Not a lot of size but very athletic, their press gave teams fit. The Tornadoes should be very good this year. It'll be a toss up between them and Catholic. Other then Hunter Reynolds, I'm not sure what CAK has returning, but Shane Wells is an outstanding coach and he will have the Warriors competing for the 4-AA title.

Sounds like another 3-team race this year to me.

• 3 weeks later...