Houston Mustangs.

tssaafan1

Let's just say that, again, they have embarrassed their school, their program, and their city with their behavior on the field and on social media the last 24 hours. Not sure I've ever seen a more classless program in all my years following TN high school baseball. The administration at HHS should look closely at how their baseball coaches, players, and parents reflect their school. Learn to lose with some humility, boys.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad that so many East and Middle TN fans/parents want to bash West TN every chance they get. Some of the best baseball in the country is right here in TN and it isn't just the East and Middle TN that make that possible. I understand Houston showed their butt a little bit, but they are kids. They just had their seasons end in a game that had questionable umpiring, for both teams. Are the kids just supposed to stand there and take it? Be content? That's not going to happen. As for the coaches and parents there is no excuse to act crazy but I don't blame them for being a bit vocal. It's part of baseball. I have personally witnessed teams like Farragut, Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland, and Science Hill get mouthy and show a lack of class for a game. In the heat of the moment anything can happen that shouldn't be taken to heart. To get on here on several different threads so the whole world knows Houston was a sore loser in classless in itself. And your an adult right? No excuse. Let it go. They got punishment enough by getting beat.

You are a parent/coach? Maybe an ex-player? You are on here now doing it to them. They are mad that they lost, Farragut is too. And Houston wasn't 2nd best behind Farragut because Farragut wasn't the best team in the state. The best team in the state is HVA and they are the only ones that have a right to talk trash on here and get away with it. You are so high on Farragut and for good reason, year in and year out there are playing for a title but that comes with a target, that comes with hate, that comes with trash talk. Bartlett and Houston get it back in Memphis all the time. If you can't handle it, then find another team to follow. Bash their parents if you want, but the kids should be left alone cause in 4 months, this part will be forgotten by the kids. Like I said, Houston and Bartlett both work their tail off all year, just like Farragut does. They don't have the titles to show for it, but they both give Farragut a handful every time they play and Farragut has lost more than a few to West TN teams. I am just asking for a little respect and not to be stereotyped into what some parents are saying. Not every player, not every parent, not every coach are like that. And both programs have earned some respect whether you want to admit it or not. As part of Bartlett I apologize for anything that was out of line, but I don't think anyone went as far as egging cars or schools like Farragut has done.

You are a parent/coach? Maybe an ex-player? You are on here now doing it to them. They are mad that they lost, Farragut is too. And Houston wasn't 2nd best behind Farragut because Farragut wasn't the best team in the state. The best team in the state is HVA and they are the only ones that have a right to talk trash on here and get away with it. You are so high on Farragut and for good reason, year in and year out there are playing for a title but that comes with a target, that comes with hate, that comes with trash talk. Bartlett and Houston get it back in Memphis all the time. If you can't handle it, then find another team to follow. Bash their parents if you want, but the kids should be left alone cause in 4 months, this part will be forgotten by the kids. Like I said, Houston and Bartlett both work their tail off all year, just like Farragut does. They don't have the titles to show for it, but they both give Farragut a handful every time they play and Farragut has lost more than a few to West TN teams. I am just asking for a little respect and not to be stereotyped into what some parents are saying. Not every player, not every parent, not every coach are like that. And both programs have earned some respect whether you want to admit it or not. As part of Bartlett I apologize for anything that was out of line, but I don't think anyone went as far as egging cars or schools like Farragut has done.

You are stereotyping yourself in the other thread. Are you not?

• 8 months later...