TSCA Awards

GaryRoberts

So I see the TSCA released their all-star/all-state teams and Ms. Softball awards for all divisions. The King's Academy beat both Tipton-Rosemark and Friendship Christian twice in postseason play. Yet those two teams receive two players on the teams and TKA receives none? Their pitcher was amazing and their young guns played out of their minds. I can't be the only one who sees this as a giant snub/slap in the face to that program. Lost twice on final day of state but only was one win away from the championship. Unbelievable decision to leave the entire roster off that list.

TKA had a good post-season run and has an excellent team.  Their coach made a choice not to pay $40 to join the TSCA (the only organization in Tennessee that is trying to unite Tennessee High School softball under one umbrella).  That $40, which is less than one umpires fee or 1 dozen softballs, would have made his players eligible for consideration for All-State, Academic awards, scholarships, Miss Softball awards, All-Star teams and the such.   He is not the only coach who made that choice, but it was indeed a choice made by coaches that ends up hurting their own players.

In the future, it would be best to get all the facts before blasting an organization and its president who have done nothing more than try to even the playing field between baseball and softball. Tennessee baseball has had a coaches association with their own awards for many years.  The TSCA is now in its 3rd year of existence and has grown in number of schools involved each year.

I would encourage your coach to Join !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it gets players more recognition what's wrong with that. If coaches are coaching just to inflate their egos they shouldn't be coaching.

It's $40 for a year, the kids get All-Academic Awards if they are juniors and seniors and Carr a 3.5 or above GPA. There are camps and tournaments set up for the players, an All-Star game for the seniors and yeah a chance to be named All-State. And if they are making money, who cares, it only cost you 40 bucks. The girls are the ones who benefit.

But most coaches, don't want to put the little bit of extra time to help their players get noticed. College coaches don't have the time to see everyone especially when they don't play in tournaments and even then schools like here in Upper East Tennessee don't usually travel much past Knoxville. The old cliché if you're good enough they will find you, may be true for your superstar athletes but their are plenty more with the ability to play at the next level but never get seen.

Anyway to supplement a player's chances to continue doing what they love is Not just a money racket. I have a player profile I email to schools my better players want to go to if anyone wants a copy shoot me an email.

Just my two cents....

Wow! Please don't get on here and degrade these players that have made these teams. Especially if you have no idea what you are talking about. Don't be mad because some coaches wouldn't take the time to invest in some recognition for their girls. And every penny is spent on the girls, such as scholarships, that absolutely would not be available without this organization. If your girl gets snubbed from the TSWA All State team then you can have a complaint with the sports writers. But while you are complaining to them ask them how many scholarships they awarded to softball players this year. If you don't want to join that is your perogative, but don't get on here degrading these girls and coaches that do go the extra mile.