Pre-Season Rankings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Hickman county most people are busy deer hunting there in November and espesically in December Back home we are still playing football while y'all are on the stand looking for dinner.

Hickman county most people are busy deer hunting there in November and espesically in December Back home we are still playing football while y'all are on the stand looking for dinner.

Interesting...I don't see any of our "November deer eaters" trolling your threads...could be that you might be a little curious about something?

• 2 weeks later...

Week one of region play is in the book, and honestly all of the games surprised me for one reason or another...Waverly over Loretto wasn't a shocker, but the score was (to me). Waverly that good or Loretto that bad? Riverside has a tough team, but a shutout win over Lewis Co. wasn't expected by anyone from our side of the river. The Scotts Hill/Hickman Co. winner probably surprised most people...Hickman was by far the "poll" favorite to take the region. I felt that we could probably play with the bulldogs and that it would be a close game, and even the win was possible. I didn't think that we could score 42 and hold them to 14 though, and if we were really clicking it should have been more as two of the "easier" potential touchdown passes were dropped on drives where we didn't end up scoring. I'd love to hear from folks that witnessed one of the other two games, and what they think unfolds in the region.

Week one of region play is in the book, and honestly all of the games surprised me for one reason or another...Waverly over Loretto wasn't a shocker, but the score was (to me). Waverly that good or Loretto that bad? Riverside has a tough team, but a shutout win over Lewis Co. wasn't expected by anyone from our side of the river. The Scotts Hill/Hickman Co. winner probably surprised most people...Hickman was by far the "poll" favorite to take the region. I felt that we could probably play with the bulldogs and that it would be a close game, and even the win was possible. I didn't think that we could score 42 and hold them to 14 though, and if we were really clicking it should have been more as two of the "easier" potential touchdown passes were dropped on drives where we didn't end up scoring. I'd love to hear from folks that witnessed one of the other two games, and what they think unfolds in the region.

I think Scott's Hill & Waverly will be the teams to beat. Parsons and Lewis will be in the mix. Who knows at this point. Still early.

• 2 weeks later...

Second week of region play is here with Riverside/Loretto, Scotts Hill/Lewis Co, and Hickman Co/Waverly games on tap. Riverside looks to be the clear favorite over Loretto, the other two could be anybody's to win. The HC/Waverly game was thought to be for the inside track to the regular season region title...if Hickman can pull it out, it still may be...any thoughts?