Will Adamsville be considered public or private?

Macnarry

The 'travel ball' team of West Tennessee may have to be choose between being classified a public or private school team if the TSSAA splits the schools. Adamsville is supposed to be a public school, but they encourage (can't say the R word) players to play for their team.

They have the audacity this summer to try out a player from another school and see if he is good enough to play for their 'travel ball' team. If the coach decides he can't play for them, he can return to his former team. I guess he could be considered a Butch Jones term 'blue shirt.' Wait, you can't use the word blue in Adamsville.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac, I don't know who you are but I will say you are pretty funny! If they will shut the open enrollment down you won't have the problem you are referring to. When I went to MCHS the only kids that could go to AVILLE were Michie and Adamsville. I chose MCHS and had a great experience athletically and academically. Many of my friends from Michie chose Adamsville and had a great experience athletically and academically. The county school is McNairy so therefore it should be closed zoned with the exception of Michie due to distance. Director of schools needs to step up and make it happen. As long as Adamsville remains in 2A Football they will either finish second or first every year and have a winning season due to schedule while MCHS struggles in 3A. As long as Aville remains in 2A they will continue to draw kids from Selmer and Ramer. If they move to 3A they will eventually get whipped on a consistent basis and the Selmer and Ramer boys will want to stay home. It will eventually turn but it may be awhile due to Aville being in 2A and doing so well. It's has been very rare for both schools to succeed at the same time. There's just not enough talent. Hope the Football and basketball teams eventually turn it around. Basketball team is in worse shape than FB. We beat MCHS by 40 last year and it could have been worse. Worse Talented BB team I have ever seen at MCHS. I just couldn't believe it. Mac, as much as I want the Cats to do well, I'm also a realist. It's going to be a long year! Go Bobcats!

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Intense TCA chose to play with public schools instead of privates and that's great. The point is it should be a chose for kids to go where they want. When you look back over the years of domination MC has had over A the win loss is still lopsided by a great margin. Both teams have a plateful this year go MC go Aville

I get that people may not be happy that Adamsville continually pulls the best talent from within McNairy County, and possibly a few great athletes from outside of the county too, but they aren't a private school.

Adamsville is simply a public school with an open-enrollment system in place. They are smart enough to take full advantage of it too, so you can't be too mad at them. They are just doing what every other open zoned school in the great state of Tennessee is doing, or at least trying to do. Some schools obviously aren't as successful at attracting athletes to their respective program.

I don't see how the TSSAA could possibly make them choose between being classified as a public or private school, if the TSSAA does in fact split up the schools. I call BS on that one because nothing about Adamsville potentially makes them a private school unless I'm missing something. If I am missing something please feel free to inform me.

To my knowledge the only private schools in McNairy County are the Faith Baptist School with all of their 22 students, the Gateway Christian Academy with a 100 students, and the Heritage Christian Academy with a whopping 10 students total.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Selective open zoned is worse than open zoned. Say you have a 500 student closed zoned 2a school. 9% of the population play football for 45 players would be about average. Say that the schools goes open zone, and adds 100 students. They now how 54 players, but have to move up to 3a. Ok the same school(Alcoa just for example) goes selective open zoned- tuition....brings 25 kids in for tution or by a coach after a tryout, to play football.....they now have 525 students but go from 45 to 70 players, and doesn't affect classification. But, They might actually be drawing "ball players" from a population area the size of most 6a schools. Being selective(tuition or ball player only open zoned) is a double win....get the athlete but not all the non ball playing students that bump up enrollments. These tuition out of zone schools or opened zoned just to ballers should be the only ones to get multiplier. Regular open zoned schools will get a few ball players, but will also get lots more non playing students bumping up their class.

I get that people may not be happy that Adamsville continually pulls the best talent from within McNairy County, and possibly a few great athletes from outside of the county too, but they aren't a private school.

Adamsville is simply a public school with an open-enrollment system in place. They are smart enough to take full advantage of it too, so you can't be too mad at them. They are just doing what every other open zoned school in the great state of Tennessee is doing, or at least trying to do. Some schools obviously aren't as successful at attracting athletes to their respective program.

I don't see how the TSSAA could possibly make them choose between being classified as a public or private school, if the TSSAA does in fact split up the schools. I call BS on that one because nothing about Adamsville potentially makes them a private school unless I'm missing something. If I am missing something please feel free to inform me.

To my knowledge the only private schools in McNairy County are the Faith Baptist School with all of their 22 students, the Gateway Christian Academy with a 100 students, and the Heritage Christian Academy with a whopping 10 students total.

You didn't miss anything. The McNairy fan that started this thread is just spewing venom and being a hater.

TCAIntense, thanks for the compliment. You are a smart man and got the humor. You are a proud alum.

DCTIGERFAN, relax and enjoy life. The Bobcats have never lost a game to any private school from McNairy County.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE, we are not in the business of spewing venom or being a hater. You might need to worry about South Gibson. Those pesky county schools can sting.

TCAIntense, thanks for the compliment. You are a smart man and got the humor. You are a proud alum.

DCTIGERFAN, relax and enjoy life. The Bobcats have never lost a game to any private school from McNairy County.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE, we are not in the business of spewing venom or being a hater. You might need to worry about South Gibson. Those pesky county schools can sting.

It is clear what your intentions were. Everyone that reads them can see. Don't know you or have ever interacted with you on these boards but have seen you comments towards Adamsville posters of the years and like I said your intentions were clear.

Not worried about South Gibson. Never will be. But if I was you.... I'd be worried about that butt whoop in' that will be coming from the Dawgs in the second half of the season. You think Adamsville smacks that tail... Wait til ya get some of this!!!

Say what you will.... Make your comments about Adamsville.... I won't say anything else. We will have have a thread for discussion come October.

It is clear what your intentions were. Everyone that reads them can see. Don't know you or have ever interacted with you on these boards but have seen you comments towards Adamsville posters of the years and like I said your intentions were clear.

Not worried about South Gibson. Never will be. But if I was you.... I'd be worried about that butt whoop in' that will be coming from the Dawgs in the second half of the season. You think Adamsville smacks that tail... Wait til ya get some of this!!!

Say what you will.... Make your comments about Adamsville.... I won't say anything else. We will have have a thread for discussion come October.

Only thing worse than a troll is a troll that assumes he won't be called out, and when he is you get the old "what did I do wrong, I didn't mean anything bad".