Prediction: DB and TN High will both be undefeated when they meet Aug 20

blazer1set

It's a shame we lost one of our big young linemen from the freshman team last year, his family moved to Ohio. Look forward to the new defense and defensive coaching staff. I know South is down, but after the first series I bet they didn't have 30 yards.

Edited by DBIndianKMA

It's a shame we lost one of our big young linemen from the freshman team last year, his family moved to Ohio.

Just a monster with all the god given size and talent to work with.However,I hope that young man has someone in Ohio sit him down and explain how many kids accross the country have the  size and potential but how very few will ever make money in professional sports .

Just a monster with all the god given size and talent to work with.However,I hope that young man has someone in Ohio sit him down and explain how many kids accross the country have the  size and potential but how very few will ever make money in professional sports .

Amen to that, big young man with aggression. I would have like to have seen him in a year, good luck to him..

It would be cool to see Tennessee High go back to the level they were long ago when former Tennessee Vols great Beattie Feathers played for them.

In the early 70's Tennessee High had  the best program in the state.Lost 1 game in '70 to murfreeboro Central who was the undefeated state champs that year.Then Tennessee High was the undefeated state champs in '71 and undefeated state and national champs in '72

Wow,I didn't know that

Yep,They beat Baylor 39-6 in the championship game in '72.I think Baylor won the state and was voted National champs in '73.That is just a reminder that they have played a little football in Bristol .Our second opponent is Oak Ridge,most people already know about their past and yes they also have a National championship as well as several great state championship teams.There may be another team or two in the history of the state that have been voted national champs but I'm not sure

Yep,They beat Baylor 39-6 in the championship game in '72.I think Baylor won the state and was voted National champs in '73.That is just a reminder that they have played a little football in Bristol .Our second opponent is Oak Ridge,most people already know about their past and yes they also have a National championship as well as several great state championship teams.There may be another team or two in the history of the state that have been voted national champs but I'm not sure

I think Tennessee High was the big rival of Kingsport High School when Bobby Dodd played for them from 1920-1925. Bobby Dodd played six seasons of high school football before the Principal told him he couldn't play anymore and had to go to College to keep playing.

I think Tennessee High was the big rival of Kingsport High School when Bobby Dodd played for them from 1920-1925. Bobby Dodd played six seasons of high school football before the Principal told him he couldn't play anymore and had to go to College to keep playing.

That was a few years ago,I hadn't heard the one about playing 6 years of high school football.I'd have to think that's a joke from way back.I don't even know if Bobby and his family had moved to Kingsport by 1920

That was a few years ago,I hadn't heard the one about playing 6 years of high school football.I'd have to think that's a joke from way back.I don't even know if Bobby and his family had moved to Kingsport by 1920

I looked it up and Bobby Dodd moved to Kingsport in 1921 and started playing football for Kingport High School's 7th grade team. His father committed suicide after his business failed in 1924 but Bobby kept playing even though his family situation was really bad then. Bobby Dodd moved to Kingsport from Galax Virginia. I guess it was a joke but Bobby Dodd mentioned all the years he played for Kingsport High School in his book.

Edited by BigDave1967

I looked it up and Bobby Dodd moved to Kingsport in 1921 and started playing football for Kingport High School's 7th grade team. His father committed suicide after his business failed in 1924 but Bobby kept playing even though his family situation was really bad then. Bobby Dodd moved to Kingsport from Galax Virginia. I guess it was a joke but Bobby Dodd mentioned all the years he played for Kingsport High School in his book.

Back in the day,I guess more people and schools  referred to some combination of the 6th or 7th, 8th and or 9th  as junior high school,instead of middle school.So Bobby could have played two or three years of Kingsport { junior } High and then moved on up.

Just reminded me Dave.When I was in the 7th grade,I went to a school that covered the 7th through 9th grade called .Lemon Bay junior High school in FLA.I then came back to a county school in Greene county,so I never went to a "middle school" as a couple of my kids did.

A few of the local schools we know of as middle schools went through the 9th grade when the high schools were more crowded. Colonial Heights is one example. I think their "varsity" played freshman teams from some high schools in addition to other junior high teams.