Prediction: DB and TN High will both be undefeated when they meet Aug 20

blazer1set

A few of the local schools we know of as middle schools went through the 9th grade when the high schools were more crowded. Colonial Heights is one example. I think their "varsity" played freshman teams from some high schools in addition to other junior high teams.

It was the same for me. My elementary school in Canton Georgia went through the 8th grade. I only went through a half of a year at a middle school,when we moved to Marietta Georgia

• Upvote 1

DB is young and TH has several returning starters. "What if" TH wins??? What does that do for both teams in their new conferences?

I don't know if out of conference factors in as much for DB but I'm sure the more losses they have will add up to a harder first round playoff game.There will be a first round nomatter what.Not sure about TH and the way their playoffs will work

DB was young last year and this year they will be young but with some great experienced talent coming back and with a coach gone I expect to see a better overall coached "d"..I see them winning all games but Maryville - I just wished we played Maryville in kingsport so that I would not have to drive that distance with a known loss !!

Kingindian,we didn't have a shot  in 2009 going to Maryville but we did have a chance in 2012.I think we are a lot closer to the 2012 team if we can stay healthy.Atleast,that's the way I see it.Will we win ? will we lose ? Just like 2012,I think we need some good breaks like when Maryville lost the ball right out of the gate.We just can't do what we done then and say "no thanks" keep it.I would take a 9-1 record right now and say that's a great year,if we do that and play well come playoff time.

DB was young last year and this year they will be young but with some great experienced talent coming back and with a coach gone I expect to see a better overall coached "d"..I see them winning all games but Maryville - I just wished we played Maryville in kingsport so that I would not have to drive that distance with a known loss !!

33 - Don't throw in the towel just yet, I think this could be a trap game for Maryville.    Now the Rebel faithful will start blasting this right away about how Maryville takes every game seriously.   And they are correct, I have no doubt that the coaches are not overlooking DB.   However we are still dealing with 16-17 year old kids on the field and DB may just catch Maryville off guard (vs. off tackle, but I digress...)      But the Law of Probability suggests that Maryville has got to lose a game at some point, so why not this one?

So much speculation though, until the first game is played it is really hard do know what any team has.  Let's see how DB does vs. Tenn High on opening day, if DB wins big then I think they have a chance.    If they lose or it is even close then the Maryville game will be ugly.    Most of the DB guys I know are really talking up this years team, a combination of speed and skill.      We'll find out Aug 20