Prediction: DB and TN High will both be undefeated when they meet Aug 20

blazer1set

33 - Don't throw in the towel just yet, I think this could be a trap game for Maryville.    Now the Rebel faithful will start blasting this right away about how Maryville takes every game seriously.   And they are correct, I have no doubt that the coaches are not overlooking DB.   However we are still dealing with 16-17 year old kids on the field and DB may just catch Maryville off guard (vs. off tackle, but I digress...)      But the Law of Probability suggests that Maryville has got to lose a game at some point, so why not this one?

So much speculation though, until the first game is played it is really hard do know what any team has.  Let's see how DB does vs. Tenn High on opening day, if DB wins big then I think they have a chance.    If they lose or it is even close then the Maryville game will be ugly.    Most of the DB guys I know are really talking up this years team, a combination of speed and skill.      We'll find out Aug 20

I'm working with an old TH player tonight and he will be the first to tell you that TH isn't Maryville.He has talked more then one time about how good they were one year and when the smoke cleared,Maryville had played every water boy on the bench in a blowout.

I'm working with an old TH player tonight and he will be the first to tell you that TH isn't Maryville.He has talked more then one time about how good they were one year and when the smoke cleared,Maryville had played every water boy on the bench in a blowout.

Probably that 2004 TH team (13-1).     Nobody scored more than 14 on them until the playoffs, then they went to Maryville and lost 49-0.     Somewhat similar to Science Hill last year, they kicked everybody's teeth in last year, then in round 3 @ Maryville, the Toppers never got across the 50 until about 2 minutes left in the game.      It's just a different universe down that way.....

anyone know how Maupin is doing at QB and if DB is still playing him at QB this year ? I have watched him for some time now ,reminds me of of Yonce Shelton but with way better talent /speed and His ability to play several positions !!

Yep,he is still at QB.He reminds me of a young Heath Shuler.With his athleticism and DB's good backs,it could be fun to watch.

• 3 weeks later...