Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

Since it seems every thread on here is about Maryville, I'll start another. Now we all know maryville has been at the top of Tennessee high school football regardless of class for about the last 15 years or so. My question is why haven't they played any of the other top dogs from other states (hoover,byrnes to name a few) As a football fan I'd like to see how they stack up against the big boys. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe they have played these teams before and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I know the state of Tennessee isn't one of the top states for football but Blackman, Oakland, and Rhea cty will play tough out of state competition. How do u think maryville would do against other states top teams. Do they schedule to keep from taking a loss? And no disrespect to Maryville at all rebel fans, but I'd pay to see a game of that caliber.

Since it seems every thread on here is about Maryville, I'll start another. Now we all know maryville has been at the top of Tennessee high school football regardless of class for about the last 15 years or so. My question is why haven't they played any of the other top dogs from other states (hoover,byrnes to name a few) As a football fan I'd like to see how they stack up against the big boys. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe they have played these teams before and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I know the state of Tennessee isn't one of the top states for football but Blackman, Oakland, and Rhea cty will play tough out of state competition. How do u think maryville would do against other states top teams. Do they schedule to keep from taking a loss? And no disrespect to Maryville at all rebel fans, but I'd pay to see a game of that caliber.

Haven't we already covered this?

• Upvote 1

Well I know for a fact that Maryville has at least 6 or 7 district games as it is, and then Webb and Alcoa are (usually) state champions in their classifications. So your weak schedule argument is garbage.

Lol tell me anywhere that I said Maryville played a weak schedule? This isn't about Webb or Alcoa. They play them every year. This is about playing tough out of state competition.

Maryville schedules the toughest teams in the area. If the other team doesn't hold up their end that's not maryville's fault. I will say mairvul petitioned to move up after they found out sevier county would be 5a. I guess smoky bears was about to crack that code :)

Lett me innerjeck hear....

1. Mairvul hurd thay coodn't play wif tha big boyz beefour movin upp two 6A.....Now we's tha onlyest teem tha volunteared two moove upp two avoid tha Smoky Bares

2. Mairvul inn one yeer we played 5 teems frum outta stait.....Scottsburrow, Allybammy....Brysun City, Norf Calina....Bridgeburrow, Allybammy.....Cranburry, Norf Calina....St. Andruws, Norf Calina

c. Reecentlee thay haiv envolked tha Benny Monroe rule and knott played ennybodee outta stait...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS