Brian Brown stays at McNairy Central

Macnarry

Coach Brown passed up an offer to cross the state-line and coach the Kossuth Aggies next season. He would have returned to full-time status at KHS had he accepted the job. Brown did not feel it was a good thing to leave his alma mater one year into a major rebuilding program.

Coach Brown passed up an offer to cross the state-line and coach the Kossuth Aggies next season. He would have returned to full-time status at KHS had he accepted the job. Brown did not feel it was a good thing to leave his alma mater one year into a major rebuilding program.

Kossuth is a joke...not much of a decision there.

The Blue and Yellow will continue to struggle for years to come for several reasons.  First, there are no Sky Walkers, Mike Walkers, etc.  They do not have any star players to play in the district they are playing in.  Second, the district they are playing in is loaded with teams that compete for state championships on a regular basis.  Finally, Coach Brown is a good coach, but his time as a head coach has passed. The Blue and Yellow should focus on hiring quality coaches and player development, instead of focusing on being jealous of Adamsville.

The Blue and Yellow will continue to struggle for years to come for several reasons. First, there are no Sky Walkers, Mike Walkers, etc. They do not have any star players to play in the district they are playing in. Second, the district they are playing in is loaded with teams that compete for state championships on a regular basis. Finally, Coach Brown is a good coach, but his time as a head coach has passed. The Blue and Yellow should focus on hiring quality coaches and player development, instead of focusing on being jealous of Adamsville.

I don't think there is any jealousy of Aville in basketball. Aville will be average at best this year and MCHS will probably compete with them. I don't think MCHS will beat them but it's coming. You can't develop players if you don't have players. Players must have some talent if you want to develop them. They don't have to have Walker talent but at least some and there hasn't been much the last couple of years at MCHS.

For the last 20+ years Aville has dominated boy's basketball in McNairy County as far as wins, district championships, region championships, substate births, and state tournament appearances.  There is no argument who has had more success since the early 90's.  McNairy was dominate in the late 70's and throughout the 80's.  The Blue and Yellow have had some talented players in the last decade or so.  Their district is absolutely brutal, and could be one of the best districts in the state.  Aville and MCHS will not be playing for several years in any sports, because of the JEALOUSY FACTOR.

Maybe so but I'm going to assure you one thing, the Lions of TCA are going to hand it to the Cardinals in basketball this year and help out my old Bobcat team. This will be the best TCA team ever, even after back to back District championships. I was a basketball Bobcat from 80-84 and we never lost to Aville. It will come back around eventually for the Cats.

Edited by TCAIntense

Maybe so but I'm going to assure you one thing, the Lions of TCA are going to hand it to the Cardinals in basketball this year and help out my old Bobcat team. This will be the best TCA team ever, even after back to back District championships. I was a basketball Bobcat from 80-84 and we never lost to Aville. It will come back around eventually for the Cats.

The Lions should have one of the best single A teams in West Tennessee.  They will have to compete with Union City and Mitchell again.  If TCA doesn't make it to the roundhouse this year they would have squandered their best opportunity in school history.  No pressure or anything.  After this season your Lions will lose all of their dominant athletes in basketball and football.  The Lions better win NOW in both of those sports.  Its hard to replace the caliber of athletes you guys are losing.  And, the split is coming between public and private schools.  A small private school like TCA will have to recruit on a major level to compete with some of the larger private schools who have deeper pockets.

The Lions should have one of the best single A teams in West Tennessee. They will have to compete with Union City and Mitchell again. If TCA doesn't make it to the roundhouse this year they would have squandered their best opportunity in school history. No pressure or anything. After this season your Lions will lose all of their dominant athletes in basketball and football. The Lions better win NOW in both of those sports. Its hard to replace the caliber of athletes you guys are losing. And, the split is coming between public and private schools. A small private school like TCA will have to recruit on a major level to compete with some of the larger private schools who have deeper pockets.

Good points! The freshmen class is loaded with FB players and will be a contender when they are juniors. Next year will be average in football. Basketball next year will be horrible but the years following they will be a district contender again. I'm much more confident about basketball this year than football. We have too many unknowns for me to be as confident in football. Our best players are back in basketball and Goldsmith is coming back so we will be loaded. We could be 9-1 in football or we could be 5-5. AVille definitely has more depth than TCA(they always do) but we will have the better skill players(mainly 3). Aville will have more skill players and more depth at the skill positions which worries me some. Last two years were reversed. TCA had a lot more skill players. I probably know you or have known you somewhere down the line. Good luck against the Eagles and Riverrats! My wife is a Riverrat graduate!

You and I are good ol' Michie boys.  We both attended Michie First Baptist and I was closer in age to your brother.  I think the world of your mom and dad.  Two of the best role models in our church for decades.  I enjoy watching your son play.  He plays a lot like you did back in the day. My son is now a sophomore on the Cardinal football team.  He is 6'3" and around 260 and should get some playing time.  Hard to get much playing time behind our Senior line that have started since they were sophomores.  I wish the Lions all the best in football and basketball this season, except when they play the Cards.  I enjoy a little healthy and fun smack talk just like you.  Should be a fun season.  Ill look you up when you come to Aville in about a month.

You and I are good ol' Michie boys. We both attended Michie First Baptist and I was closer in age to your brother. I think the world of your mom and dad. Two of the best role models in our church for decades. I enjoy watching your son play. He plays a lot like you did back in the day. My son is now a sophomore on the Cardinal football team. He is 6'3" and around 260 and should get some playing time. Hard to get much playing time behind our Senior line that have started since they were sophomores. I wish the Lions all the best in football and basketball this season, except when they play the Cards. I enjoy a little healthy and fun smack talk just like you. Should be a fun season. Ill look you up when you come to Aville in about a month.

Yep! I know who you are! You were a couple of years younger than Zero weren't you? Your dad and I played a lot of church softball together when I was in college. He was our pitcher. He and old Frankie were the "old men" playing with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds. We had a lot of fun!

Where did your boy get that size? You were bigger than your brother but not that big! Ha. We don't have a player on TCA's roster that big!