Brian Brown stays at McNairy Central

Macnarry

Bobcats83 looks like it's back to reality. Brown and crew have dropped two straight, with the last against Alcorn Central a huge embarrassment! Brown was in true form tonight as well. His outbursts really seemed to have a negative affect on players and in return caused for a very poor performance from the entire team. Their body language said it all. Tonight proved to many that things haven't changed near as much as one might have thought. Now the program hecklers and the "anti-browns" can say I told you so and it would be difficult to argue even after such a promising first four game start to the season. The breakdown was truly disheartening for those who where so optimistic.

Not counting the first two games, the W against Hardin co. was impressive regardless if Hardin was coming off a hard fought victory or not. The way the Bobcats shot the ball at such a high percentage and the aggressiveness on defense was pleasantly surprising in itself. Browns sideline mannerisms wasn't so bad and the teams play proved talent isn't quite as absent as we all mighta thought it was. It actually pumped excitement into the fanbase and gave a bit of hope to those that are so eager to see success again. Simply proof that we can actually compete any given night.

After looking at crocketts record and how close they played Jackson SS, the loss on Tuesday might not have been so bad. A little far away for me to travel so im going strictly on what i was told, i heard we could have won this game too if some suspect calls against us and A few bad decisions from our bench woulda been just a bit different. i was pleased to hear that the players still really fought hard after getting into a hole early and actually made it a game with an opportunity to steal a quality road W at the end. So considering all, it wasn't the end of the world because we was 3-1 and could possibly have been 4-0.

Puzzling, I find it hard to understand how someone that has coached as long as Brown still hasnt figured out that kids react differently to criticism and his blow ups are costing him more so than being a motivation. You can really tell that it changes the performance of this years group for the worst.

Some have argued that it's the kids fault if they have a hard time "manning up" to his style of coaching. I disagree with that totally. Some kids have been beat down at home or wherever and will lay it all on the line for a coach that is more positive with them. Sometimes, in these situations, that type child will forever look at that coach as a father figure and role model, a positive in their life they always needed. On the flip side, Others do have to be pushed and challenged a little more aggressively. Maybe because they get a touch lazy or maybe thats simply a way to light a fire in them that causes them to get after it more, each player has different buttons to be pushed. This isn't anything new. I assumed that he was far more capable of handling such a matter.

Edited by Inmyownwords

We gone have to wait until December 15 until they get a real test and that will be against Middleton. But they non district schedule is interesting and could give them a lot of confidence heading into district play.

If you would have played us with the 4 starters and 7th man we had missing you would have had more than a challenge. Last year is a good example.

Bobcats83 looks like it's back to reality. Brown and crew have dropped two straight, with the last against Alcorn Central a huge embarrassment! Brown was in true form tonight as well. His outbursts really seemed to have a negative affect on players and in return caused for a very poor performance from the entire team. Their body language said it all. Tonight proved to many that things haven't changed near as much as one might have thought. Now the program hecklers and the "anti-browns" can say I told you so and it would be difficult to argue even after such a promising first four game start to the season. The breakdown was truly disheartening for those who where so optimistic.

Not counting the first two games, the W against Hardin co. was impressive regardless if Hardin was coming off a hard fought victory or not. The way the Bobcats shot the ball at such a high percentage and the aggressiveness on defense was pleasantly surprising in itself. Browns sideline mannerisms wasn't so bad and the teams play proved talent isn't quite as absent as we all mighta thought it was. It actually pumped excitement into the fanbase and gave a bit of hope to those that are so eager to see success again. Simply proof that we can actually compete any given night.

After looking at crocketts record and how close they played Jackson SS, the loss on Tuesday might not have been so bad. A little far away for me to travel so im going strictly on what i was told, i heard we could have won this game too if some suspect calls against us and A few bad decisions from our bench woulda been just a bit different. i was pleased to hear that the players still really fought hard after getting into a hole early and actually made it a game with an opportunity to steal a quality road W at the end. So considering all, it wasn't the end of the world because we was 3-1 and could possibly have been 4-0.

Puzzling, I find it hard to understand how someone that has coached as long as Brown still hasnt figured out that kids react differently to criticism and his blow ups are costing him more so than being a motivation. You can really tell that it changes the performance of this years group for the worst.

Some have argued that it's the kids fault if they have a hard time "manning up" to his style of coaching. I disagree with that totally. Some kids have been beat down at home or wherever and will lay it all on the line for a coach that is more positive with them. Sometimes, in these situations, that type child will forever look at that coach as a father figure and role model, a positive in their life they always needed. On the flip side, Others do have to be pushed and challenged a little more aggressively. Maybe because they get a touch lazy or maybe thats simply a way to light a fire in them that causes them to get after it more, each player has different buttons to be pushed. This isn't anything new. I assumed that he was far more capable of handling such a matter.

Win versus Hardin Co not so impressive.  They were exhausted, could tell from start and Brown wasn't his usual self because he really wanted to beat his last employer.

Brown WILL NOT change.  He is what he is.  Talked to parents who have had kids play for him at all 3 schools.  They can not stand the man, not just the coach.  Played alot of baskeball myself for different coaches, didn't always agree with strategy, playing time, etc but liked them as people.   Show me a player who is not related to Brown that likes him.  Probably can't

It is his way or the highway