Ezell Harding to hire new baseball coach

EHBaseball

Coach Wes Wilkerson has resigned.   He and his wife recently opened a new retail store in Lebanon and he plans to do that full time.  

Lots of things going on at Ezell, new athletic director, new fitness facility, good talent returning...somebody could walk into a nice job.

https://www.facebook.com/EzellHarding/posts/815719098497941

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=815453345191183

https://twitter.com/EzellBaseball

Why not just hire Steve Liddle (former bench coach for the Twins) and his uncle Jackie Charlton?

Steve has been a tremendous asset to Ezell as an assistant the past 3 years during his pro "semi-retirement".   I think most people expect him to turn up in another MLB job sooner or later... would think it doubtful that he want's a H.S. head coach job. 

Mr Jackie is a great asset as well, has volunteered his time for many years and hopefully will continue to do so.

just one guys opinion..

Edited by EHBaseball

The job will Jason Charlton's. He was coach there up until 2010, and he came back in 2012 as middle school principal.

My opinion, but I don't think he spent all that time working on his PHD and becoming "Dr. Charlton" to coach HS baseball. It seems like his goals are pointed toward the academic side.   I really don't expect an inside hire....as this will be up to the new athletic director who came from Texas with no previous connections to the school.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like I was right on the money ... Coach Carlton was promoted to head baseball coach, excuse Dr. Charlton ....... no interviews took place Dr Rummage made the hire not the new AD 

My opinion, but I don't think he spent all that time working on his PHD and becoming "Dr. Charlton" to coach HS baseball. It seems like his goals are pointed toward the academic side.   I really don't expect an inside hire....as this will be up to the new athletic director who came from Texas with no previous connections to the school.

Looks like I was right on the money ... Coach Carlton was promoted to head baseball coach, excuse Dr. Charlton ....... no interviews took place Dr Rummage made the hire not the new AD

So allow me to guess: Dr. Charlton will be the head baseball coach, his father Jackie Charlton will be one of the assistant coaches and his cousin Steve Liddle (former MLB coach) will be the other assistant?

• 2 months later...