Why do certain coaches not send in info to Murphy Fair's Football Book

I enjoy reading about the Tennessee high school football season coming up in Murphy's Fair's Football Publication but why do certain coaches or schools not send in their information. My personal opinion is it makes the school and the coach look bad and all their doing is robbing the kids and their fans. I personally know one of the coaches that don't but he is well known as a bonehead so nothing would surprises me there. Information like this would be great for small colleges which recruit most of these players but again why do they not report this information. It's always the same ole teams and coaches. In this day and time things are different and it should be the duty of the coach to make sure his players are well represented or move on and let someone have the job that can.

What is the point???  There are local newspapers that highlight teams in your local area.  There is Donovan Stuart who works for the Examiner who creates team profiles and places it on the internet for free.  Why help a guy sell a book???  Do the coaches get anything for this 'keepsake" NO....its pointless.

Create memories for your team in other ways.....

Booger just got this vision of our AD going into Coach Fant's office and sayin, "listen here Charles, you did not send the teams information into Murphy's Fair; so you need to clean out that desk and pack your bags cause we gonna hire somebody that can".........Booger like him some Murphy Fair, but he like him some Coach Fant mo better

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

What would you think if the SEC Media Day's happened and let's say Vanderbilt and Kentucky didn't show up. Your first thoughts would be that they were the two weakest teams in the league and no wonder they come in last, they have a coach that can't deal with the press for some reason. The same thing here goes for high school football. If I were a good player and I were hidden in the bushes by a lazy coach that don't understand that part of their responsibilities would to be a positive image for the position they hold I would go somewhere else to play. it's not about selling a book but looking like a jerk when 85% of the schools promote their information. That information on all the teams gathered in one publication beats taking a newspaper from every town in Tennessee. It usually boils down to a stupid###, a dumb###,a smart### or a hard### pretty much covers the reason why that 15% don't turn in any information about their team.

He sends a survey to every school in early March and the coaches have until the middle of June to fill them out and submit them. In many cases an assistant coach on a football staff will fill out the survey and email it to Murphy Fair. It takes all of 45 minutes to complete an in-depth survey. It's not an extremely lengthy process by any means.

i can personally vouch for Coach Mcconnel in Waverly that he does not have time. i dont know how he does it! if every american worked as hard as he does and most head coaches do then america would be a better place.  He is definitely not sitting around looking for a free lunch! coaches need a life too!

Edited by secondtoone

i can personally vouch for Coach Mcconnel in Waverly that he does not have time. i dont know how he does it! if every american worked as hard as he does and most head coaches do then america would be a better place. He is definitely not sitting around looking for a free lunch! coaches need a life too!

I don't buy it. And if it were true it wouldn't reflect well on the coaches. If a coach can't find the time to do a survey that takes less than an hour a year they are obviously running their program in an inefficient way. The objective isn't to work as hard as possible. It's to make processes simpler and less time consuming so you don't have to work as hard. It's called innovation. Just ask Steve Spurrier, he has been very successful as a college coach and he has openly bragged about not working as hard as other coaches. Why? Because he is smart. Just look at George Quarles and Gary Rankin. They find the time to contribute to the magazine. And you are trying to tell me the coaches at Jefferson Co and Heritage can't find the time to do the same thing? If thats the case obviously all the hard work those programs are doing isn't working because they haven't been winning. Edited by Governors91