Why do certain coaches not send in info to Murphy Fair's Football Book

Gov when I walked in Hastings Saturday morning there was a coach from Maryville College buying one of those books. I'm sure he wasn't buying it because he wants to know who they think will win the state championship. Those guys use that as one of their information guides on who to look for during the season. Heritage and Jefferson County did their players that are possible prospects a disservice. 

I've talked to coaches in the past that not send anything in and most told me they never got anything from Murphy. Sometimes the schools don't get the stuff to coaches

I kind of figured that also Jet Pride. It's a two way street and you would think Fair would have every source of information to be able to get in touch with them.  I do know that the utility company sends out a second notice and puts something on the door the day before they turn the power off so you would figure the same if your hitting the street with a magazine with a lot of empty reading.

IF YOU GET LAST YEARS BOOK AND LOOK AT THE PREDICTIONS OF WHAT WAS AND WAS NOT  TRUE THAT SHOULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. WE HAVE OUR OWN BOOK THAT IS MUCH MORE INFORMATIVE ABOUT PLAYERS IN OUR AREA. BUT I BUY MURPHY TO GET A STATEWIDE VIEW. #LOP

I was at the mall in Chattanooga a couple of years ago and saw the book your talking about and your right that is a very good book.

Barney

You have no clue!!!!  Filling out a form does not get a player noticed.  Spending time talking with and sending film to colleges gets a player noticed so they are not "Hidden in the bushes" parents and their ego want to see their son's name in a book.  Just because 85% of the schools do it doesn't mean it's a good idea.....85% of the schools don't have the ability to articulate why they don't waste their time nor their assistant coaches time for the ego of others.

They way I see it the players deserve a coach who is going to give their all in the recruiting process, in the preparation and planning of their season and have the ability to create an atmosphere in the program that creates memories that last a lifetime.....

I enjoy reading about the Tennessee high school football season coming up in Murphy's Fair's Football Publication but why do certain coaches or schools not send in their information. My personal opinion is it makes the school and the coach look bad and all their doing is robbing the kids and their fans. I personally know one of the coaches that don't but he is well known as a bonehead so nothing would surprises me there. Information like this would be great for small colleges which recruit most of these players but again why do they not report this information. It's always the same ole teams and coaches. In this day and time things are different and it should be the duty of the coach to make sure his players are well represented or move on and let someone have the job that can.

I get real mad about this mess. I enjoy looking at Murphys pole and these coaches are just being lazy by not sending in the survey. Murphy always gives me my book before anyone else. You think im joking but im not.

Barney

You have no clue!!!!  Filling out a form does not get a player noticed.  Spending time talking with and sending film to colleges gets a player noticed so they are not "Hidden in the bushes" parents and their ego want to see their son's name in a book.  Just because 85% of the schools do it doesn't mean it's a good idea.....85% of the schools don't have the ability to articulate why they don't waste their time nor their assistant coaches time for the ego of others.

They way I see it the players deserve a coach who is going to give their all in the recruiting process, in the preparation and planning of their season and have the ability to create an atmosphere in the program that creates memories that last a lifetime.....

You are full of mess. I garuntee you Murphy works real hard on this survey and his pole. These coaches are just being lazy by not filling out Murphys survey. You think im joking but im not.

You are full of mess. I garuntee you Murphy works real hard on this survey and his pole. These coaches are just being lazy by not filling out Murphys survey. You think im joking but im not.

Thanks Roy, your right on the money. In today's times you have to deal with the media as part of your job and if you can't then you are not qualified for the job. Like I said in an earlier comment, what if a couple of teams didn't show up for the SEC Media Event and said it took to much time. That would go over like a t^^^ in a punch bowl. The same thing here regarding this magazine that covers 85% of the teams in Tennessee while the other 15% want to be hard heads. The very first thing people think when they see the name of the team and (no survey) is what a joke, how did they hire a clown like that to be the coach.

i can personally vouch for Coach Mcconnel in Waverly that he does not have time. i dont know how he does it! if every american worked as hard as he does and most head coaches do then america would be a better place.  He is definitely not sitting around looking for a free lunch! coaches need a life too!

Well he must of found some time somewhere because their on page 218# of my book.