2A State Champion

2A State Champion in 2015  

75 members have voted

1. 1. and the 2A State Champion in 2015 will be?

• Knoxville Grace Christian
    • Adamsville
    • Marion County
    • Trezevant
    • Hickman County
    • Boyd Buchanan
    • McKenzie
    • Gatlinburg-Pittman
    • Westmoreland
    • Waverly Central
    • Trinity Christian
    • Cascade
    • Forrest
    • Tyner
    • Lewis County
    • Bledsoe County
    • Not listed (comment below)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's who I just listed. THAT IS 2A Trezevant's 2015-2016 schedule.

Great insight , thanks . We ( Aville ) do the same thing as far as playing up . I know they lost a lot of players to graduation but with a Memphis school you never know who decided to come from across town , especially since they moved down and was in the title game last season ! I will stick to my cake walk comments though , they can lose to every non region opponent and still make the show ! Time will tell I guess ! We like hard nosed football ourselves so if we can make it to the semis I guess it'll be a battle !

Great insight , thanks . We ( Aville ) do the same thing as far as playing up . I know they lost a lot of players to graduation but with a Memphis school you never know who decided to come from across town , especially since they moved down and was in the title game last season ! I will stick to my cake walk comments though , they can lose to every non region opponent and still make the show ! Time will tell I guess ! We like hard nosed football ourselves so if we can make it to the semis I guess it'll be a battle !

Redrage1990:

ShelbyMetroSports has a blog that keeps up with the Shelby County area high schools during the football season. They post a list of football players in the area who received scholarships to play football. I think Trezevant had seven (7) off of last year's team to get scholarships to play on Saturdays. So, yeah, they lost some players off of that team.

The HC for Trezevant learned that if you want to make it to Cookville, you had better play some deep playoff quality teams. The best way for them to get ready for the post season is play against the big boys. Not just any ole big boy ... but good ones.  If you can compete with them ... you can compete in the latter stages of the playoffs. I'm excited to see how they fare against Ensworth. I'll be keeping an eye on that one for sure.

Quite frankly, when I think of Trezevant, as a Whitehaven fan, I don't think of them as a 2A school/team. They can play with anybody, anywhere, at anytime. I put them in the same category as I would Memphis East, or Ridgeway, or White Station. If we, Whitehaven, think any less of them because of an enrollment classification, we will get our feeling hurt ... quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I figure that A'ville has the same type of respect with it's opponents and neighboring schools/teams.

Edited by kwc

Redrage1990:

ShelbyMetroSports has a blog that keeps up with the Shelby County area high schools during the football season. They post a list of football players in the area who received scholarships to play football. I think Trezevant had seven (7) off of last year's team to get scholarships to play on Saturdays. So, yeah, they lost some players off of that team.

The HC for Trezevant learned that if you want to make it to Cookville, you had better play some deep playoff quality teams. The best way for them to get ready for the post season is play against the big boys. Not just any ole big boy ... but good ones. If you can compete with them ... you can compete in the latter stages of the playoffs. I'm excited to see how they fare against Ensworth. I'll be keeping an eye on that one for sure.

Quite frankly, when I think of Trezevant, as a Whitehaven fan, I don't think of them as a 2A school/team. They can play with anybody, anywhere, at anytime. I put them in the same category as I would Memphis East, or Ridgeway, or White Station. If we, Whitehaven, think any less of them because of an enrollment classification, we will get our feeling hurt ... quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I figure that A'ville has the same type of respect with it's opponents and neighboring schools/teams.

Got it book marked , thanks Edited by Redrage1990

How does Adamsville match up speed wise with teams in west tn. Sounds like the line is very good.

We have a little speed , but O and D line is our strong point ! White House was close in size but we manhandled them pretty good . They resorted to the Maryland I and couldn't move the ball at all! Our depth helps too ! Edited by Redrage1990