Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

Let's get it started. Good win for DB against a tough TN High team. Here Kitty Kitty! Bring your trains Ridgers, the tracks stop in KPT.

Let's see how OR does against Clinton, probably pretty even week 1 opponents for DB and OR. After tomorrow night we should have a better idea of what to expect.

RTR!

Good win for DB tonight. OR is a on a totally different level than TN High though. DB's defense will have to bring it's A game. Several really good players for the Wildcats. Isn't that who Tee Higgins plays for? He's one of the top prospects in the state for the class of 2017 and is being recruited hard by the likes of USC, UT, FSU, Clemson etc. And the kid they have that signed with ASU is Darel Middleton. It will be interesting to see how the DB defense tries to stop these guys.

Edited by TFL2001

Always good to start with a win.OR should bring something a lot closer to what DB will see in the playoffs past the first round.Very athletic and talented team from everything I've read.

You say "what DB WILL see in the playoffs".

DB used to be pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. Somebody with a better understanding than I, explain it to me.

Aren't DB, William Blount, Harden Valley, Maryville, Bradley Central, Bearden, Jeff Co, & Science Hill competing for 2 spots in the 6A playoff bracket? If true, that is a lot different for DB and Science Hill. Really it means that 7 schools are competing for the #2 spot in region 1 since it is a given that Maryville will take #1.

So unless I don't understand the new brackets, DB getting into the playoffs will be much less likely.

You say "what DB WILL see in the playoffs".

DB used to be pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. Somebody with a better understanding than I, explain it to me.

Aren't DB, William Blount, Harden Valley, Maryville, Bradley Central, Bearden, Jeff Co, & Science Hill competing for 2 spots in the 6A playoff bracket? If true, that is a lot different for DB and Science Hill. Really it means that 7 schools are competing for the #2 spot in region 1 since it is a given that Maryville will take #1.

So unless I don't understand the new brackets, DB getting into the playoffs will be much less likely.

Everyone in 6A gets a spot in the playoffs

Not a joke,every one of the 32 teams gets into the playoffs.What every one of the region 1 teams needs to do is try to finish high so they don't run into a powerhouse region 2 team in the first round.The 2ed round is going to really separate the good teams from the rest 

Assuming Maryville finishes 1st in Region 1, the way I understand the new format, on Maryville's side of the bracket: Region 2 - 1st meets Region 1 - 8th, etc. All the Region 1 "odds" are on Maryville's side of the bracket. So if you are DB or SH, if you can't finish 2nd in Region 1, you might want to finish 4th.

Edited by jhilts

Yep .. Finishing low will send us far across the state !!!

Not a joke,every one of the 32 teams gets into the playoffs.What every one of the region 1 teams needs to do is try to finish high so they don't run into a powerhouse region 2 team in the first round.The 2ed round is going to really separate the good teams from the rest