Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

My early-early prediction for this game right now is a high scoring affair.  DB's offense did much better than was to be expected last night in the point scoring category, which is the only one that counts. 

DB: 52

OR: 48

Our defense hasn't given up 40 points since we gave up 45 to Ooltewah in 2008. And our defense is waaaaaaay better than that team. Does DB have Aaron Rodgers and Jerry Rice in his prime that I'm not aware of? Oh, and our offense hasn't scored 50 since since 2012. We typically don't run the score up on opponents, unless we are just pi*&&* at them like we were with Clinton in 2005 and beat them 74-0

Our defense hasn't given up 40 points since we gave up 45 to Ooltewah in 2008. And our defense is waaaaaaay better than that team. Does DB have Aaron Rodgers and Jerry Rice in his prime that I'm not aware of? Oh, and our offense hasn't scored 50 since since 2012. We typically don't run the score up on opponents, unless we are just pi*&&* at them like we were with Clinton in 2005 and beat them 74-0

SweetSci all I'm saying is that I think both offenses will put on a show and it will be a shootout.  Once an OR/DB game gets going offensively it tends to go back and forth and the winner is the team with the last posession.  And I'm giving DB the win b/c of my obvious allegiance and due to homefield.

SweetSci all I'm saying is that I think both offenses will put on a show and it will be a shootout.  Once an OR/DB game gets going offensively it tends to go back and forth and the winner is the team with the last posession.  And I'm giving DB the win b/c of my obvious allegiance and due to homefield.

I understand, but I doubt very very seriously either team scores that much. The highest scoring OR/DB game was in 2004. A game in which DB won 48-31. That's the highest scoring game ever between the two teams. No other game comes close in terms of total scoring. I just don't see that happening.

19 games apiece. 19-19

oh man I was way off.      Even better at 19-19.

Coacht fans, whether you like DB or not it is worth the price of admission to just go out and watch #23.      If he is a senior you will be seeing him at some major SEC school next year.     If he is a soph or jr then forget college, you will see him playing on Sunday next year

oh man I was way off.      Even better at 19-19.

Coacht fans, whether you like DB or not it is worth the price of admission to just go out and watch #23.      If he is a senior you will be seeing him at some major SEC school next year.     If he is a soph or jr then forget college, you will see him playing on Sunday next year

you can't go to the NFL until you complete your jr. year of college.

I understand, but I doubt very very seriously either team scores that much. The highest scoring OR/DB game was in 2004. A game in which DB won 48-31. That's the highest scoring game ever between the two teams. No other game comes close in terms of total scoring. I just don't see that happening.

My opinion is that DB will have to score at least 45 to win this game. Our secondary almost always gets torched against a good passing team. Doesn't matter what kind of athletes we have playing back there. Going up against two D-1 receivers spells big trouble for DB.

My opinion is that DB will have to score at least 45 to win this game. Our secondary almost always gets torched against a good passing team. Doesn't matter what kind of athletes we have playing back there. Going up against two D-1 receivers spells big trouble for DB.

It's all about if you can get pressure on the QB and get a push from your defensive front. Doesn't matter how good the QB is or how bad your secondary is, if you can get sustained pressure on a QB it changes everything. That's the key. Hopefully we can protect our QB, not only against y'all, but against Clinton tonight. We have a whole new revamped OL, so until I see them in a real game type situation I'll be worried.