William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

Depends on who you ask lol. LOD will always go for Rankin, those that are loyal to Shad, will obviously favor him. At the same time, wants and realities are two different things.

WRONG. He maybe the better Coach than Shad, but he has the personality of a dull fence post. LOL

Remember I never bowed down to the shrine of Rankin. He 'liked' me too. HAHAHAHA

WRONG. He maybe the better Coach than Shad, but he has the personality of a dull fence post. LOL

Remember I never bowed down to the shrine of Rankin. He 'liked' me too. HAHAHAHA

OK let me amend my previous post LOL. You are loyal to Riverdale not to Rankin or your current coach LOL.

Edited by New2WB

Coach W came closer to beating Maryville than any other Ruth Co team so far. Never just the coach. Both Coach's won when they had superior QB's. Shad having a really GOOD QB coach helped also.

This sounds like old times. Just need 2Priceless joining in.

LOD,

This is a completely different situation. Alcoa is a really good 3A team that will be playing a decent 6A team that could be very good by the end of the season if we stay healthy. Alcoa wins because they totally outclass the 3A teams they play but 6A football is a completely different story. My point is WB has a really solid defense now and Alcoa isn't going to be able and line it up and run at us every play and put up 40+ points on us like they do to all the 3A schools. We will sell out to stop the run and if they choose to pass we have good athletes in the secondary that are very capable of covering their receivers. And as far as offense goes we have a dual threat QB, good receivers and a good RB. We are very capable of scoring enough points to beat them. We definitely have the horses to do it at the skill positions! The question is will we be able to match-up with them at the line of scrimmage? If our O-line has a good night I believe we will win. We may not beat them this year but it will be a close game. And if we don't beat them this year we will get them next year because we will have almost everyone back. I have a feeling you'll realize shad is a better coach than you give him credit for and you'll also find out that Rankin is the worldbeater you think he is. You may think I'm insane now but you will see soon enough.

OK let me amend my previous post LOL. You are loyal to Riverdale not to Rankin or your current coach LOL.

Do NOT get me started on Rankin. That would make my fingers hurt from all the typing.

As to the current coach, he is a work in progress. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt so far this year, but the team 'looks' the worse it has in over twenty years of watching them.

The first year my son started for R'dale, the Freshman team was bigger and stronger than the current varsity team. The freshman team FILLED two tour Coaches for road trips. Varsity filled three.

LOD,

This is a completely different situation. Alcoa is a really good 3A team that will be playing a decent 6A team that could be very good by the end of the season if we stay healthy. Alcoa wins because they totally outclass the 3A teams they play but 6A football is a completely different story. My point is WB has a really solid defense now and Alcoa isn't going to be able and line it up and run at us every play and put up 40+ points on us like they do to all the 3A schools. We will sell out to stop the run and if they choose to pass we have good athletes in the secondary that are very capable of covering their receivers. And as far as offense goes we have a dual threat QB, good receivers and a good RB. We are very capable of scoring enough points to beat them. We definitely have the horses to do it at the skill positions! The question is will we be able to match-up with them at the line of scrimmage? If our O-line has a good night I believe we will win. We may not beat them this year but it will be a close game. And if we don't beat them this year we will get them next year because we will have almost everyone back. I have a feeling you'll realize shad is a better coach than you give him credit for and you'll also find out that Rankin is the worldbeater you think he is. You may think I'm insane now but you will see soon enough.

"If our O-line has a good night I believe we will win. We may not beat them this year but it will be a close game." Make up your mind.

And all those weapons are meaningless if Alcoa is in your backfield all night.

LOD,

Rankin wins because he knows how to put together a staff of really talented assistant Coaches. Just watch out because if you get a REALLY good RB, he may get the erg to transfer to Alcoa. Its happened before. Blackman lost the most to us, but Shad lost a couple also in the days of the 'athletic dorm rumors'.

Rankin wins because he knows how to put together a staff of really talented assistant Coaches. Just watch out because if you get a REALLY good RB, he may get the erg to transfer to Alcoa. Its happened before. Blackman lost the most to us, but Shad lost a couple also in the days of the 'athletic dorm rumors'.

I disagree. That coaching staff could take a night off and not even show up most years and Alcoa could still beat 90% of the 3A teams convincingly by their overwhelming talent advantage alone. It's easy to look good when you have athletes like Cobb, Toney, Hambrick, and the Tysons on your team. But looking at this years Alcoa team so far I don't see that one guy that can carry them like those guys I mentioned. They have good players to be sure but I don't see that one alpha male that stands out from the crowd like they almost always have. They'll be really good and will contend for a 3A state title but they wont be able to roll their helmets on the field and beat WB like most people think they will. I think they thought they could do that against Heritage last year and got a good scare out of it and Heritage was a 3-7 6A team.

WB won't be able to block Alcoa up front. That D line is very stout. Alcoa isn't your typical 3A team. They have 85-90 players every year.

Well the artist formerly known as Alcoabasketball told me they only have around 70 this year. And Shereef moved to GA so that makes 69. But Alcoa will score at will and win this one easily.