1-0 Rossview @ 1-0 Beech

werazzlin

How did we go from one specific game to roommates and life lessons. This board isn't a kids motivational training online portal, it's to talk about high school football. There may be other posts that address the benefits of teams sports in someone's life, but I would also say be real. Forget about participation trophies and call it what it is. Some teams are good and some are bad. Some players are good and some aren't. Let's not worry about being so politically correct and hurting someone's feelings. Personal attacks are different but to speak of talent levels is life.

Sorry If I pissed you off buddy. You're kind of making my point. No problem with competition, It's when personal feelings cause you to disrespect teams just because you don't "like" them. You're not basing your opinion on the teams  performance, just emotions. That is not objective, just emotional ( like your post) I believe you should respect all and fear none. You are the only one here taking about participation trophies.

Edited by poppop

Now back to the game. I think last weeks Beech score was a fluke. They are better than that. Rossview is growing every game, but this will be a big test unless Beach doesn't play to their potential. Both teams should score 3 times. THe kicking game will be the key. I'm seeing Rossview 24-21.

Now back to the game. I think last weeks Beech score was a fluke. They are better than that. Rossview is growing every game, but this will be a big test unless Beach doesn't play to their potential. Both teams should score 3 times. THe kicking game will be the key. I'm seeing Rossview 24-21.

Not sure the Beech score was a fluke, wilson central is not bad. Beech's offense is not overly explosive because they like to play in a shoebox. However, they have 2 backs that can take it to the house on any play.

I would expect the offense will develop more as the year goes on (just like everyone else). An occasional set of hafner in shotgun and the 2 fast backs next to him could be an extra boost. But if they don't I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

I'm impressed after game one with the line play and the maturity the young QB showed.

I'm excited to see how Beech matches up with the hawks team speed. It will be telling of games down the road.

Sorry If I pissed you off buddy. You're kind of making my point. No problem with competition, It's when personal feelings cause you to disrespect teams just because you don't "like" them. You're not basing your opinion on the teams performance, just emotions. That is not objective, just emotional ( like your post) I believe you should respect all and fear none. You are the only one here taking about participation trophies.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go here. I certainly don't make my predictions based on emotions, nor do I give emotional opinions. With that said, if someone wants to, fine. What I meant about personal attacks is in regards to coaches and players.

To say you don't think a team, a player or a coach is very good isn't personal; nor does it have to be personal.

As you said, back to the game. I have said for weeks this could be a trap game for Beech. I don't believe Rossview is better than Beech, but I believe the matchup causes Beech problems.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go here. I certainly don't make my predictions based on emotions, nor do I give emotional opinions. With that said, if someone wants to, fine. What I meant about personal attacks is in regards to coaches and players.

To say you don't think a team, a player or a coach is very good isn't personal; nor does it have to be personal.

As you said, back to the game. I have said for weeks this could be a trap game for Beech. I don't believe Rossview is better than Beech, but I believe the matchup causes Beech problems.

Interesting. I curious as to what aspects you see Beech being better than Rossview? Also, what makes Rossview a problem for Beech?. I would guess the O Line as I believe Beech is experienced here ( Big). Anything else? I think Rossview has the advantage in terms of speed on defense. Both teams will be hungry. Should be a good game.

Interesting. I curious as to what aspects you see Beech being better than Rossview? Also, what makes Rossview a problem for Beech?. I would guess the O Line as I believe Beech is experienced here ( Big). Anything else? I think Rossview has the advantage in terms of speed on defense. Both teams will be hungry. Should be a good game.

I believe Beech has better backs, with Napper being the best back in the region. The matchup that scares me is with Beech's secondary and Rossview WRs having he speed to stretch the field. If it becomes a rushing battle, advantage Beech.

I believe Beech has better backs, with Napper being the best back in the region. The matchup that scares me is with Beech's secondary and Rossview WRs having he speed to stretch the field. If it becomes a rushing battle, advantage Beech.

RV is fast and disruptive on defense but makes a lot of mistakes from their youth. How is Beechs O Line?

Edited by poppop

RV is fast and disruptive on defense but makes a lot of mistakes from their youth. How is Beechs O Line?

Inexperienced as a unit, but improving. I'm not sure that fast and disruptive is an advantage against Beech's offense. I believe slow play and methodical causes them more problems.

Beech seems a little overrated to me. They are a long way from their 2012 season of 15-0. They haven't won more than 6 games since, which makes them an average team that hasn't had much success outside of their district the last two years. I'm going to have to go with Rossview in this one.

Edited by Pilgrim

Beech seems a little overrated to me. They are a long way from their 2012 season of 15-0. They haven't won more than 6 games since, which makes them an average team that hasn't had much success outside of their district the last two years. I'm going to have to go with Rossview in this one.

Beech should get there 5th win in a row over Rossview

Inexperienced as a unit, but improving. I'm not sure that fast and disruptive is an advantage against Beech's offense. I believe slow play and methodical causes them more problems.

The film I saw on Beech looked like they like the corners. So I guess staying flat and containing is key?