William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

They brought their band to SC last year. They will bring the band. But it won't matter. This game will be a blowout. But then again, The Band will be the high point of the night.

I guess the best way to put it is that there is a bit of a "tier" system. Oak Ridge, Maryville, Sevier County, and a few others would be top tier away games that would merit the large expense of paying for the whole band to travel. It also depends upon what non-football trips have been planned. We'll see where WB stands.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

db want be the only best team we play I can tell u that we just got hammered last night by alcoa alcoa maryville jeff county bearden Bradley is also undefeated can't leave out science hill as well so we got alot of big teams in future we gotta get ready to compete and win at least 4 district games and we get to host a playoff better pull them jock straps tight and quit playing pansy ball and win some games

db want be the only best team we play I can tell u that we just got hammered last night by alcoa alcoa maryville jeff county bearden Bradley is also undefeated can't leave out science hill as well so we got alot of big teams in future we gotta get ready to compete and win at least 4 district games and we get to host a playoff better pull them jock straps tight and quit playing pansy ball and win some games

Take Maryville out of the mix,they are twice as good as anyone else in the region.From there,you have a chance in most games but I think you will probably get hammered again this week.DB wants to host a game or two as well.

WB will play DB tough for a while,DB by a couple of scores they are no Alcoa but should win this one.WB should improve game to game especially playing good teams as Alcoa and DB but i still only see 4 to five wins this yr 4 or 5 will be improvement over the last 7 or 8 yrs so they are headed in the right direction.Just protect that QB.

Edited by orngnblk

I think this will be a much tougher game than most expect. WB is a pretty good team and their led by one of the best coaches in the state. They have home field advantage that's worth 7 points and you figure in another 7 from DB's customary 2 turnovers and 10 penalties for 100 yrds. and you have DB starting in a 14 point hole. I'm saying DB wins though. By a field goal late in the game.

I think this will be a much tougher game than most expect. WB is a pretty good team and their led by one of the best coaches in the state. They have home field advantage that's worth 7 points and you figure in another 7 from DB's customary 2 turnovers and 10 penalties for 100 yrds. and you have DB starting in a 14 point hole. I'm saying DB wins though. By a field goal late in the game.

Stop poor mouthin! I'd say DB wins 42-10.

They have always brought them to Maryville.

Maryville was the biggest out of area game.

I was told by a band parent who is on the band board that it costs over $40k to transport the full band to Knoxville area. Something like 10 charter buses and a semi rig. Do you know how much fruit and cheese sales it takes to raise that much? I think the last Maryville playoff was paid for by private donations. That is rare.

I have heard that the Maryville trip will be with full band. Probably the only out of area trip. Use school buses in Tri-cities area. Possibly the OR trip next year will be full. But that is hearsay.

Don't wish for a 400 member band. Just too much $$$. 250 is plenty.

I think WB better be ready for a "Tennesse Dog Whoopin" Ron and Don Wright were from Kingsport and the Indians will put one on WB. After the zebra mess last week, they should feel right at home with the blount county officals! 

Safe travels and no injuries to either team.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WB will play DB tough for a while,DB by a couple of scores they are no Alcoa but should win this one.WB should improve game to game especially playing good teams as Alcoa and DB but i still only see 4 to five wins this yr 4 or 5 will be improvement over the last 7 or 8 yrs so they are headed in the right direction.Just protect that QB.

WB has a chance against all the rest of the teams on the schedule not called Maryville. And they have a good chance against the teams not named DB and Maryville. 6 or 7 wins is not out of the question if we stay healthy.