The Clash of the Champions- Union City travels to Peabody

BigSwo

There's night and days difference between the entire program in this one and that one. In 2007 Coach Bowling brought his smash mouth style of play into Union City. He quickly thinned out the ranks and found out who wanted to play old school football. Bowling truly believes that you play the way you practice. So if you drop by a UC practice you will see full contact, holding nothing back practice. They will practice one play for an entire practice and tell the scout team defense where the ball is going. They will keep this up until they get it right over and over again. So on Friday night you see a lot of the same things they do in practice. Not many coaches are willing to do that.

. That's how it should be. Good to hear those youngN' are practicing like that. That sounds like Trousdale Co. Football, but with a lot of less players.

Areed

Just for giggles.... I am curious why you two think that?? I mean when is the last time that UC went into the 4th qtr in a tight ball game?? For what it's worth I think UC wins this one. But Trenton has proven they can gut one out in crunch time against tough opposition. UC hasn't and with some many new starters how can you really be so confident??

I really don't think it will come down to the end however. I will say you guys win by a couple of tds. Just curious your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

I believe that because of what I have seen in the past. The Veer simply wears a team down. I like a close game and the opportunity to grind the clock going for the win in the 4th quarter. I believe that if we have the chance and it comes down to it that our boys , under Coach Bowling's play calling we will get the job done.