Bruceton @ Perry County

tigermanager58

PCVikingBcast, you keep referencing the 08-11 seasons for PC, last I checked the "greatest" Coach PC has had Rick Rice left in 2005.  Our middle school is doing great this year. But they've won 2 games total in the previous 5 seasons. that means those kids are the same kids playing at PC right now.  Hope you can see that correlation.  The new Defensive Coordinator for the Middle school is doing great, but he is a middle school coach and not a high school coach.  The middle school coach you referenced is the OC for the middle school, and he is the OC for the high school as well.  So this offense that is "probably the worst" you've ever seen is being run by the same coach.  I just wanted to point out that there are correlations from middle school success to high school success.  PC is in a down turn, heck the program has won 64 games in 16 years.  That's only an average of 4 wins per year, the 2009, 2010, 2011 seasons were exceptional, but that kind of talent hasn't been present here since then.   I know we all wish we could live in those good ol days, but that's the past ans this is the present.  It would be awesome to see PC being competitive, and i m sure that"s what the coaches there want also.  But we should be supportive of the kids and the coaches that's how you build a program back up. Not by bashing the Kids and the Coaches.  and if you don't think kids get on here and read this stuff you are badly mistaken.  In a Basketball town, and yes PC is and always will be a basketball town, the football program will struggle. Especially when kids are told , by whomever, they can only play one sport because they don"t need to get injured playing football.  That's my soapbox rant.  I'm not trying to start anything with you PCVikingBcast, I just wanted to correct your facts.  I hope that one day PC football will be competitive once again, but all I can do till then is cheer on and support my team.  It'd be nice if we all tried that once in awhile.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCVikingBcast, you keep referencing the 08-11 seasons for PC, last I checked the "greatest" Coach PC has had Rick Rice left in 2005. Our middle school is doing great this year. But they've won 2 games total in the previous 5 seasons. that means those kids are the same kids playing at PC right now. Hope you can see that correlation. The new Defensive Coordinator for the Middle school is doing great, but he is a middle school coach and not a high school coach. The middle school coach you referenced is the OC for the middle school, and he is the OC for the high school as well. So this offense that is "probably the worst" you've ever seen is being run by the same coach. I just wanted to point out that there are correlations from middle school success to high school success. PC is in a down turn, heck the program has won 64 games in 16 years. That's only an average of 4 wins per year, the 2009, 2010, 2011 seasons were exceptional, but that kind of talent hasn't been present here since then. I know we all wish we could live in those good ol days, but that's the past ans this is the present. It would be awesome to see PC being competitive, and i m sure that"s what the coaches there want also. But we should be supportive of the kids and the coaches that's how you build a program back up. Not by bashing the Kids and the Coaches. and if you don't think kids get on here and read this stuff you are badly mistaken. In a Basketball town, and yes PC is and always will be a basketball town, the football program will struggle. Especially when kids are told , by whomever, they can only play one sport because they don"t need to get injured playing football. That's my soapbox rant. I'm not trying to start anything with you PCVikingBcast, I just wanted to correct your facts. I hope that one day PC football will be competitive once again, but all I can do till then is cheer on and support my team. It'd be nice if we all tried that once in awhile.

I respect your opinion pchssupporter. I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm only stating my opinion and from what I've been told by the coaches is that not many of these kids played in middle school. Yes usually when you have success in middle school you will have success in high school but that's not always the case. I said Coach Rice was the best coach we ever had but hated he only last 4 years. I support this team no matter what even though I don't know but only a handful of the guys. As long as I'm alive I'll always be at the games and cheering for them no matter what the score is. I'm not trying to pick a fight or bash anyone, you may not be able to have good athletes every year in a county of about 7,000 but you can coach heart and from what I've seen I've only seen a few on that team that give it their all every Friday night. They'll regret it one day and ask themselves why did I not try harder or whatever. But the point is until we get coaches that are energetic, optimistic, and driven to get these kids to play hard, we'll keep seeing the product we have on the field. I ain't going to lie, #70 Cheyanne Morris (yes she's a girl) is a freshman and is probably the best Defensive Lineman we have but the coaches don't want to play her until it's all but over. I say give her a chance and other kids a chance instead of with 1 minute to go.

Edited by PCVikingBcast

That Clark fella in Houston county went through this last year with only dressing about 16 players a game, it was a miserable season... Gotta find ways to get more people in the school interested, sometimes you have to push the pride beside and just tell someone you need them! Most of the time that's all it takes.. Goodluck to you guys

That Clark fella in Houston county went through this last year with only dressing about 16 players a game, it was a miserable season... Gotta find ways to get more people in the school interested, sometimes you have to push the pride beside and just tell someone you need them! Most of the time that's all it takes.. Goodluck to you guys

Until the coaches stop playing favorites then they won't find anyone that wants to play. I mean the coaches won't try new kids even though the first string isn't doing much, let the rest try and see if they can do something because the first 11 isn't done very well. Also the girl is 5'10 250 or so. She's a hoss and goes hard

Edited by PCVikingBcast

• 2 weeks later...

Easy Wildcat, Easy lol. I wouldn't say that necessarily but yes we are a basketball town but we have never had a really good coach besides Coach Rick RIce for a couple of years. But our administrators obviously didn't care to let him go and we haven't been able to get a coach that can really get kids to play and make the best of it. Our coaches IMO are just doing it to do it, not a lot of passion about it at all besides two of them. One that's the Defensive coordinator and he played high school football in Texas. I'd almost have him be the head man but of course our school system doesn't work like that. And the other is our Middle School coach. He's done a great job with the Middle School boys who are (1-1) Lost at Houston County 30-28 and Won at Stewart County 20-12. Most of the guys on the Middle School team besides only 4 played on the team last year and they have 25 kids. Anyway about the game....I got to go with Bruceton because well our offense is probably one of the worst i've ever seen.

Bruceton- 56

Perry Co.- 8

I had to go back and read this again, I watched PC middle school play tonight and I'm not trying to bash but they are not very good. I don't know how they beat anybody

I had to go back and read this again, I watched PC middle school play tonight and I'm not trying to bash but they are not very good. I don't know how they beat anybody

They've got 6 kids hurt that play defense. Once they get to high school they'll be competitive and be around 500. 

Edited by PCVikingBcast