Eaglets come to Hampton

dogbreath

Eaglets?? Did it have to be Eaglets?

I think we will be the best team you have faced so far this season and we feel like Hampton will be the best team we play ALL season . Hampton looks very good all the way around. Good backs and receivers physical up front as usual and a little more versatility on offense than what we've seen from the Bulldogs in the past.

we're coming to play to win and regardless of the outcome I can promise you the bulldogs will know we've been there. I always look forward to seeing mike n pujo and you guys just wish I didn't have to hate yuns for a couple hours every year! lol..

Do you guys still like to air it out most plays? I know y'all have a good tradition of passing the ball, but if you're gonna have a snowballs chance against teams like Hampton, you're gonna have to get a running game.  Defensively, all of your 11 will have to be bugle eyed every play.  The dogs are very fleet footed at every skill position.  To me, Hampton won't lose a game until they are just whipped up front.  Its gonna take a team that can sustain long drives and score.  If their O is on the field alot, then its gonna be next to impossible to keep them from scoring.  I'd say it would be easier to strap a tiger's as% to a phone boothe :o

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys still like to air it out most plays? I know y'all have a good tradition of passing the ball, but if you're gonna have a snowballs chance against teams like Hampton, you're gonna have to get a running game. Defensively, all of your 11 will have to be bugle eyed every play. The dogs are very fleet footed at every skill position. To me, Hampton won't lose a game until they are just whipped up front. Its gonna take a team that can sustain long drives and score. If their O is on the field alot, then its gonna be next to impossible to keep them from scoring. I'd say it would be easier to strap a tiger's as% to a phone boothe :o

I got some cable and I know where there is still a phone booth....you bring the tiger!!

Pujo has probly already seen the film so I won't elaborate on our run to pass ratio I'll let him do that iffin he wants to. But we are big up front and got some speed at skill positions I feel like we're a better overall team this season tHan we were last year. We miss the Allstate QB but we got several kids stepping up to fill those shoes. I would have liked to have had another game or 2 to sharpen things up before we played the best team on our schedule though.

Edited by old24eagle

I got some cable and I know where there is still a phone booth....you bring the tiger!!

Pujo has probly already seen the film so I won't elaborate on our run to pass ratio I'll let him do that iffin he wants to. But we are big up front and got some speed at skill positions I feel like we're a better overall team this season tHan we were last year. We miss the Allstate QB but we got several kids stepping up to fill those shoes. I would have liked to have had another game or 2 to sharpen things up before we played the best team on our schedule though.

Good luck to ya my friend.  Hampton's beat us for so long now that I can't even hate'em anymore.  Now I stand on the sideline and look like :mellow:

Good luck to ya my friend. Hampton's beat us for so long now that I can't even hate'em anymore. Now I stand on the sideline and look like :mellow:

I never have hated em. Mike has been real good to us. Even the one time we've beat him he was the same ole mike after the game. Of course he wasnt technically the head man then. Alot of respect for him and Hampton down here. Now I'll hate em for a few hours friday but that's it. If Hampton beats us friday I'll be pulling for them to win 2A unless of course we run into em in the playoffs.

I never have hated em. Mike has been real good to us. Even the one time we've beat him he was the same ole mike after the game. Of course he wasnt technically the head man then. Alot of respect for him and Hampton down here. Now I'll hate em for a few hours friday but that's it. If Hampton beats us friday I'll be pulling for them to win 2A unless of course we run into em in the playoffs.

You have to understand we're neighbors. Our kids run around with theirs. Mike used to be our coach. It's an intimate rivalry. I'll say one thing, its not as heated as it was 10 years ago. Me and pujo used to have some rounds but we've got along great the last 5 years. The pain of losing stings but it's just not worth getting bitter towards people when we may need each other when it counts. A lot bigger things are going on in the world today.